Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Attendance

Shockers currently 15th nationally.

OK, but we can and should do a lot better IMHO. Maybe an unexpected upset of UNI on the road tonight will generate a little buzz for the program and give our attendance a needed boost. Only 6 more home dates remain.

We've said it before, '72. You've gotta have either a gimmick or a $1 type day with promotions if you expect to get more than the core group of us at the games.

We've been pimping the program for years now and the base really hasn't been altered.

We can hope the attendance goes up, or we do something about it. Last couple of years we appear to be leaning on the hope side of things.

Comment

I represent being called a Shocker VB pimp! ;-)

If you're saying I'm wasting my time you are probably right.

The thing is that a crowd of 2,000 at regular prices generates more income than a crowd of 6,000 at $1.

Granted the goal of the $1 tickets is to build new fans that will become regulars. Unfortunately, that really did not seem to result from our past promotions. Still I would like to see them have one of these promotions for a big match every year.

Not sure it was a smart move to raise ticket prices this year in this economy, but bottom line wise it may be a wash. OTOH, VB season tickers are still a very good entertainment value IMHO.

I would also love to see us host an NCAA sub-regional. Could still happen this year, but we need to put the pedal to the metal to make that happen.

Nevertheless, it does appear Shocker VB attendance has peaked and plateaued for the time being and this may be about as good as it ever gets.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
        If you're saying I'm wasting my time you are probably right.
        I don't anything we do for THIS program should ever be considered a waste.

The thing is that a crowd of 2,000 at regular prices generates more income than a crowd of 6,000 at $1.
        Is that really the case after taking into account already purchased season tickets? And I wonder if so if concession sales from increased attendance doesn't cut into the difference?

Granted the goal of the $1 tickets is to build new fans that will become regulars. Unfortunately, that really did not seem to result from our past promotions. Still I would like to see them have one of these promotions for a big match every year.
        Totally agree and given what you and think about the program, there should be every effort made to expose as many people as possible to the game. Even if the only game you attend is the $1 game (or canned good game etc).

Not sure it was a smart move to raise ticket prices this year in this economy, but bottom line wise it may be a wash. OTOH, VB season tickers are still a very good entertainment value IMHO.
        I'd have to see the season ticket sales compared to last season to comment on that. I know they haven't reached my ceiling.

I would also love to see us host an NCAA sub-regional. Could still happen this year, but we need to put the pedal to the metal to make that happen.
        I actually believe we have a pretty fair chance at that given a deserving resume, which seems unlikely at this point.

Comment

Doc, do you think the revised Priority Point System will have a significant positive impact on the number of Volleyball season ticket holders?

My guess is, maybe a little, but probably not real substantial.

Comment

If a person really wants to increase their point standing, the way to do it is by strict cash giving.

Let's face it, bumping your point total 2-5 points isn't going to help your standing much....maybe it keeps you even.

By my calculations, a person holding season tickets for 40 years is good for 130 points.

Give $13,100 tomorrow and you are in front of that guy. I suspect that's just going to be how it's done. I just don't see that many people (like you and I for instance) that are going to think more long term building those points throughout the seasons.

Comment

As always, Cash is King! ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X