2018 NCAA Volleyball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    One has to wonder how in the heck Lexi Sun transferred from Texas to Nebraska.
    Straight north on I-35 would be my guess.

Comment

Stanford and Nebraska duking it out in the Championship game in front of 18,113 fans.

Playing in the deciding 5th set. Win or lose this Nebraska team doesn't give up and Mikaela Foecke is something else.

Stanford leading 8-7 at the 5th set changeover.

Stanford leads 12-10. Nebraska takes their 1st time out.

Nebraska saves two championship points but Stanford prevails 15-12 to win their 8th NCAA Volleyball Championship, the most all-time.

A very key call with Stanford leading 13-10 and serving. The serve was ruled just out along the left sideline. Stanford challenged. If any part of the ball touches any part of the line it is in. It was unbelievably close and I thought they probably would rule that the replay was indecisive and leave the play as called giving Nebraska the point. I was wrong as they did overturn the call ruling the serve in and putting Stanford up 14-10.

It certainly wasn't easy with Stanford winning 28-26, 22-25, 25-16. 15-25 and 15-12.

I was really impressed with how Nebraska bounced back after a tough loss in Set 1 and a stomping by Stanford in Set 3. Nebraska jumped out to a 3-1 lead in Set 5 and seemed to have all the momentum but kudos to Stanford as well for settling down and fighting their way to the win.

Really good stuff.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 15, 2018, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• flyingMoose
        flyingMoose commented
        Editing a comment
        Earlier sets:

Stanford 28-26

Nebraska 25-22

Stanford 25-16

Nebraska 25-15
    Working...
    X