Recruiting - Class of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    I wonder if that was an if-we-make-the-conference-tournament show. Or might it be aired later? Although I do not know any reason why that arrangement would be necessary.
    Could of been a depending-on-if-we-make-the-conference-tournament thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      GoShockers.com showed Lambo's final radio show was schedule for 5:00 tonight. But apparently that isn't happening.
      It will air at 8. I believe it is being recorded at 5, but will air at 8.

Comment

Mike Kennedy just announced on the Gregg Marshall show that the final Lambo show will be at 8:00 tonight following the Keitha Adams show.

Comment

KVA end-of-season honors

Cyra Kelley was 1st team 4A, Morgan Stout 2nd team.

I know this is pure conjecture, but I wonder if both are redshirt candidates, as I would expect a ready-to-contribute player to be POY in 4A in Kansas.

Still, glad to have them on board!

For those wondering, South Hutchinson and far western Hutchinson are in the Nickerson school district, just as north-eastern Hutch is in the Buhler district.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            KVA end-of-season honors

Cyra Kelley was 1st team 4A, Morgan Stout 2nd team.

I know this is pure conjecture, but I wonder if both are redshirt candidates, as I would expect a ready-to-contribute player to be POY in 4A in Kansas.

Still, glad to have them on board!

For those wondering, South Hutchinson and far western Hutchinson are in the Nickerson school district, just as north-eastern Hutch is in the Buhler district.
            Just gonna throw this out there.....Kansas Player of the year in 4A is likely a D2 player at best. Definitley not a D1 kid. All State and other honors have little to do with talent and more to do with politics.......

I will tell you that both of them are going to be looked at very hard to contribute next year. I won't go into why or how but these aren't kids that were brought here because they are local...both will have great careers here. If they do redshirt...it is because of players in the system already....and its about preservation and giving them a year to mature...not because they aren't capable.

Also, Cyra and Marriah Buss will be on campus in January from what I am hearing. So they will get a head start going into next year.

Comment

Since there is interest in recruiting on here I will share another nugget that will help you put in perspective the level those 2 have participated at.

Morgan and Cyra both have participated at the highest level of club in the nation. There local club team Shockwave has participated and placed at nationals every year since they were 14. The team placed 2nd in the nation during the 14’s season. 15’s they placed 12th, 16’s they placed 3rd. Last years team claimed as high as 19th in the national rankings and ended up finishing 20th in the highest division in club volleyball at AAU nationals.

This team is sending 6 kids to Division 1 schools for volleyball. 2 are going to LSU, 1 to Marquette, 1 to Creighton, and both of them to WSU.

they have played against kids going to Penn State, Nebraska, KU, etc.

You get the picture! They are qualified.

every kid coming into WSU next year has played against top level competition.
              Last edited by SuSHOCK; November 21, 2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuSHOCK View Post
                Since there is interest in recruiting on here I will share another nugget that will help you put in perspective the level those 2 have participated at.

Morgan and Cyra both have participated at the highest level of club in the nation. There local club team Shockwave has participated and placed at nationals every year since they were 14. The team placed 2nd in the nation during the 14’s season. 15’s they placed 12th, 16’s they placed 3rd. Last years team claimed as high as 19th in the national rankings and ended up finishing 20th in the highest division in club volleyball at AAU nationals.

This team is sending 6 kids to Division 1 schools for volleyball. 2 are going to LSU, 1 to Marquette, 1 to Creighton, and both of them to WSU.

they have played against kids going to Penn State, Nebraska, KU, etc.

You get the picture! They are qualified.

every kid coming into WSU next year has played against top level competition.
                "6 kids to Division 1 schools? What's in the water in Nickerson? I know they've had some recent flooding, but wow!
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

"6 kids to Division 1 schools? What's in the water in Nickerson? I know they've had some recent flooding, but wow!
                  I think SuSHOCK means the Shockwave club team, not the Nickerson high school team.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I think SuSHOCK means the Shockwave club team, not the Nickerson high school team.
                    Guess reading comprehension isn't my strong suit. Noticed Nickerson was 21-10 this year and something didn't sound right.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Pure speculation but Lambo's comments sounds like he is high on both young ladies. My guess is Cyra will redshirt as I think he wants her to perhaps get a little more training and seasoning as defensive player with perhaps the libero role being in her future. The thing is that in Lambo's program redshirting is not necessarily a negative. We know how he values "old" volleyball players. I think he would have liked to redshirt Brooke Smith, Kayce Litzau and Sophia Rohling this year but did not have the luxury.

Seems like a couple of relatively recent redshirts did okay for themselves. Let's see, Hiebert and Lehman where their names I think.

17 players from this year's roster have eligibility remaining. I doubt he will carry a rosters of 27 players next year but hard to say where the roster reductions will come from. Possibly Emma Wright if she gets her degree as a redshirt junior and with 5 setters in the house I'm thinking Kora Kauling may decide to move on. Maybe they will try to see how the spring season goes.

I think we had two freshmen redshirt this year. Shea Lauria a L/DS and Skylar Goerring a 5-11 OH. We might very well have a larger group of freshmen redshirting next year. Time will tell.

Comment

Nickerson was 28-15 this year. A state qualifier. Over their 4 years at Nickerson Morgan and Cyra’s class went 135-44. Winningest clas in school history.

I don’t want to be disparaging to other Nickerson kids, but let’s say the talent level was significantly lower after those 2. IMHO they overachieved this year.

Class 5A is by far the toughest division in KS. And it’s not close. 6A is 2nd but there are teams in 4A that beat teams in both those classifications. Topeka Hayden beat many of the school who made it to state in 5A and they won 4A. Andale, Nickerson, and other schools competed against other upper class schools and beat them.
                        Last edited by SuSHOCK; November 21, 2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Nickerson was 28-15 this year. A state qualifier. Over their 4 years at Nickerson Morgan and Cyra’s class went 135-44. Winningest clas in school history.

I don’t want to be disparaging to other Nickerson kids, but let’s say the talent level was significantly lower after those 2. IMHO they overachieved this year.

Class 5A is by far the toughest division in KS. And it’s not close. 6A is 2nd but there are teams in 4A that beat teams in both those classifications. Topeka Hayden beat many of the school who made it to state in 5A and they won 4A. Andale, Nickerson, and other schools competed against other upper class schools and beat them.
                          That is very good SuSHOCK !

Best regards everyone!
                          Napoleon Dynamite

"Yes . . .Yes . . .Yes!"

Comment

Does anyone have any info on how many, if any, of this recruiting class are enrolled in the current Spring semester?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Does anyone have any info on how many, if any, of this recruiting class are enrolled in the current Spring semester?
                              There are 3 enrolled. Marriah Buss, Natalie Foster, and Cyra Kelley.

Comment

There are 3 enrolled. Marriah Buss, Natalie Foster, and Cyra Kelley.
                                Thanks. Good to hear that.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 4, 2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X