X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heeeeeeeeeere's Hailey:

Comment

And another under the radar signing:

Morgan is a 5-11 outside hitter. Plays high school ball at Dike-New Hartford which is a Class 2A school in Iowa.

In Iowa HS Volleyball they have five classes with the largest 40 schools competing in 5A, the next 48 competing in 4A, the next 64 competing in 3A, the next 80 in 2A and the remaining schools in 1A. Her club team was Club Iowa.

She made her verbal commitment to the Shocks in January 2019.

Dike-New Hartford senior Morgan Weber was recognized as the 2019 NICL East Player of the Year in All-NICL East volleyball teams released last week.

Weber, a Wichita State commit, averaged 6.2 kills and 6.6 digs per set in eight league matches for the Wolverines this fall. She added 17 ace serves with a 91 percent serving efficiency and 14 total blocks.

Looks like Morgan was ranked by one site as the #5 player in Iowa in the Class of 2020.

Morgan had 16 kills, 14 digs and 8 service aces in her team's 3-set state championship win.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Everyone we had on our radar has been announced except Cyra Kelley, the 5-8 L/DS out of Nickerson, and perhaps her teammate Morgan Stout,a 6-0 middle hitter. In addition, Lambo has inked three players that were not on our radar. Setter Lauren Phillips, OH Morgan Webber and L/DS Kylie Marneris.

I guess it's possible that Cyra and Morgan may join the program as non-volleyball scholarship players. Both played with the Shockwaves club team and I suspect both are very good students. Most of our volleyball players are. I don't know if walk-ons sign LOI's. I don't know why they would.

Lambo has already announce 10 signees (not sure how many are getting VB scholarships). We only have 2 seniors on this year's roster. Not sure both were on scholarship or not. My guess is Dmadj was and Kara was not. But don't know that for sure. The implication is that we are going to see some additional roster turnover. Emma is a redshirt junior and very well may be getting her degree. It is not unusual for players in that situation to forego their final year of eligibility. I don't think Lambo will be carrying 5 setters on his roster next year. I suspect one of the incoming freshmen setters, perhaps Lauren Phillips, will redshirt. Stay tuned.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 15, 2019, 12:00 PM. Reason: Updated to add 3 additional signees. Kylee, Morgan and Cyra as shown below

Comment

Holy Cow! Another under the radar player signed. This one a Libero/DS

Here is Kylie's personal recruiting statement. This is a pretty good read including the following:

My positive attitude, my drive, commitment, and determination are my personal signature and brand....it's what makes me who I am. I take pride in my sport and strive to bring my very best at all times.

I get and embrace this sport and wish to further expand my knowledge and skills to the best of your team. I breathe it in each and every day.....It's who I am and what I do along with the balance of academics that will carry me for a lifetime.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

1972Shocker , I nominate you to ask Lambo if he can count.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              1972Shocker , I nominate you to ask Lambo if he can count.
              I must respectfully decline. In case you haven't noticed Lambo counts everything. If he can count it, analyze it and track it he will.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I must respectfully decline. In case you haven't noticed Lambo counts everything. If he can count it, analyze it and track it he will.

So true, so true. Wonder if he'll talk about or field possible questions about the recruits signed at the pre-game scouting report given it's the last home game.

Comment

Everyone we had on our radar has been announced except Cyra Kelley, the 5-8 L/DS out of Nickerson, and perhaps her teammate Morgan Stout,a 6-0 middle hitter. In addition, Lambo has inked three players that were not on our radar. Setter Lauren Phillips, OH Morgan Webber and L/DS Kylie Marneris.

I guess it's possible that Cyra and Morgan may join the program as non-volleyball scholarship players. Both played with the Shockwaves club team and I suspect both are very good students. Most of our volleyball players are. I don't know if walk-ons sign LOI's. I don't know why they would.

Lambo has already announce 8 signees. We only have 2 seniors on this year's roster. Not sure both were on scholarship or not. My guess is Dmadj was and Kara was not. But don't know that for sure. The implication is that we are going to see some additional roster turnover. Emma is a redshirt junior and very well may be getting her degree. It is not unusual for players in that situation to forego their final year of eligibility. I don't think Lambo will be carrying 5 setters on his roster next year. I suspect one of the incoming freshmen setters, perhaps Lauren Phillips, will redshirt. Stay tuned.
                  I believe both Morgan and Cyra will be signing tomorrow. There was paperwork that had to be completed before they could sign their letter of intent.
                  Last edited by Kung Wu; November 16, 2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Morgan and Cyra will be signing tomorrow from what I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by SuSHOCK View Post
                      Morgan and Cyra will be signing tomorrow from what I've heard.
                      Morgan is now official:

and now Cyra is also official:

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 15, 2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I am assuming Lambo is done for the Spring signing period and he typically does not sign players in he spring.

Shockers Add 10 During Early Signing Period

Coach Lamb on Marriah Buss: "We were attracted to Marriah right from the beginning because of how invested she is as a competitor. You can't help but notice the amount of energy and enthusiasm she brings to every match. Beyond that, in terms of her volleyball talent, she's a pretty powerful and explosive attacker. I believe there are a lot of ways we will be able to get Marriah on the scoreboard."

Coach Lamb on Sophie Childs: "I think of Sophie Childs as a diamond in the rough. She's a physical volleyball athlete who can play three positions. Having worked with her a little at camps, I'm also excited that she is a willing learner, who will continue to develop here at WSU."

Coach Lamb on Natalie: "Natalie is another athlete I could see training and playing at multiple positions. She is like so many Shockers before her where you almost think that, relative to her class, what she can do on the volleyball court as a high school sophomore, compared to what I think she'll be able to do as a college sophomore. There is a big upside with her, and we think she may be able to contribute right away."

Coach Lamb on Cyra Kelley: "I love how much Cyra has wanted to be here. She's always been an outside hitter at the youth level. We'll probably let her train at both pins, but, I believe moving forward, we see her excelling at the libero position. She's another hungry, athletic, back-row player that will upgrade our athleticism. Additionally, we've always been impressed with her serve and defensive range."

Coach Lamb on Kylie Marneris: "The thing I like about Kylie is she's just a very enthusiastic, hungry, eager defender. Watching her play, there's just never a time where I feel like she's not going to give maximum effort to try to make plays. As her skill develops, so will go her career, but effort has never been a problem. I can't think of a coach who's not looking for that at the libero position."

Coach Lamb on Lauren McMahon: "Lauren comes from a pretty solid background. She's played high-level youth volleyball for a while, so she is used to the speed and things about the game that are often a huge step from high school to college. She will come in here pretty prepared for the next step. Lauren has a high expectation of herself, and she's really pushing herself to be available to make plays."

Coach Lamb on Lauren Phillips: "Lauren fits the mold of a typical Shocker recruit. We've gone after a lot of players over the years that had some physical talent at a position, but maybe didn't have as much experience. I've always been impressed with the range of her feet and hands, and believe a few years down the road she's a player that will surprise everyone at the setter position."

Coach Lamb on Hailey Plugge: "Hailey has the look of a rising star. She's gotten so much stronger over the past year. She's fast and able to locate long balls. At the setter position, coaches hope players are able to range with their hands and be accurate. She's really come a long way in a relatively short period of time. She reminds me a lot of Mary Elizabeth Hooper, who was obviously a great player [at Wichita State], with the way she moves and her hand talent. She's a player that has a big upside at the setting position."

Coach Lamb on Morgan Stout: "Morgan is another classic Wichita State recruit. She has next-level physicality and volleyball talent. Once we iron out a few wrinkles and teach her a few new volleyball items, I think we have a volleyball talent that can be up there with some of the best."

Coach Lamb on Morgan Weber: "Morgan is a classic do-everything volleyball player. She's a great competitor and athlete, and we expect her to be able to just walk in the door and make a difference as a passer and back-row player, while hoping she can have enough right off the bat as a point scorer. She's a well-rounded pin player who's going to come in here and fight for everything, and will have a play-making ability right from the start."
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 15, 2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Let the Marriah Buss Era begin!
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                            Let the Marriah Buss Era begin!

We certainly can use some wind in our sails.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 15, 2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

GoShockers.com showed Lambo's final radio show was schedule for 5:00 tonight. But apparently that isn't happening.

Comment

GoShockers.com showed Lambo's final radio show was schedule for 5:00 tonight. But apparently that isn't happening.
                                I wonder if that was an if-we-make-the-conference-tournament show. Or might it be aired later? Although I do not know any reason why that arrangement would be necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X