Recruiting - Class of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Marriah Buss was a PVB Soph 79 last season but not on the Junior 50 (or others) this season. I have a feeling she'll be a Senior Ace next year though.
    Buss was ranked # 69 for Senior Aces, here is the link https://prepvolleyball.com/articles/...s-70-61/422034

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      That is AWESOME. So happy for her and that recognition and of course for the future of Shocker Volleyball!

Two 2020 recruits have signed. Perhaps the most important signings of the 2020 recruiting class:

Comment

I thought another setter was coming. Class of 2021? Am I mistaken about a setter?

Comment

There's the setter from California, her name escapes me and I'm struggling to reset my password on prepvolleyball to check on it. Almost positive she's 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          I thought another setter was coming. Class of 2021? Am I mistaken about a setter?
          I think this is just a partial. Apparently, volleyball is announcing them as thy receive the LOI's. There were 4 other commits previously mentioned including 6-0 setter Hailey Plugged out of Bakersifield, California. The other 3 were Cyra Kelley, a 5-8 L/DS out of Nickerson, Sophie Childs, a 6-2 OH out of Bixby, OK, and Lauren McMahon, a 6-2 MB out of Texas.

Also Cyra Kelley's teammate at Nickerson and with the Shockwaves Club Morgan Stout, a 6-0 middle is also reported as having committed to the Shocks.

We still have a week to go in the early signing period.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I think this is just a partial.
            Okay, I know the signings cannot be announced until the LOI is in hand, so the LOIs are not in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              Okay, I know the signings cannot be announced until the LOI is in hand, so the LOIs are not in hand.
              Some of the coaches prefer waiting until they all their anticipated LOI's in hand to announce (i.e. Keitha Adams) and some will announce as they are received (i.e. Lambo). Although that might vary from year-to-year.

With the year our volleyball team has had Lambo and staff were probably anxious to get the announcements for Mariah and Natalie out as I believe those 2 are considered to be the crown jewels of his 2020 recruiting class although Hailey Plugge may prove to be the key piece if she is as good as Lambo hopes she is.

Comment

Sophie Childs is official:

Comment

Another 6-2 player signs on:

Comment

Another 6-2 player signs on:

That photo looks impressive... probably the angle, but wow!
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

https://www.parkcitiespeople.com/201...egional-semis/

High school isn't club, but in Texas it's still quality.

And as I've said ad nauseum, advancing in the Texas tournament in any sport is something to be celebrated. Highland Park is in the final 16 in 5A. They start with 128 schools. 2160 kids attend Highland Park. Making it that far is a big deal.

Highland Park is ranked around the top 50 in Texas. Getting this far is a heck of an accomplishment. They face Midlothian, a team they handled fairly easily back in August, on Saturday.

Win that and it's Lovejoy or Red Oak (probably Lovejoy) to go to State and the Final 4. Lovejoy is loaded and is 45-5. Highland Park beat Red Oak fairly easily to start the year. They haven't faced Lovejoy.

Last edited by WuDrWu; November 14, 2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That photo looks impressive... probably the angle, but wow!
                        I pretty much had the exact same thought. It was impressive but no doubt the camera angle enhances that perspective.

Looking forward to Lambo's comments on this recruiting class once they are all in.

Lambo's final radio show is next Monday at 5;00. Hopefully, he will go in to some detail about his recruits at that time.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

A setter has been signed but not the one we were expecting. Whether or not the means Hailey Plugge has changed her mind or not is hard to say.

Per Max Preps Lauren is a 6-0 setter and they have her ranked at the 17th best player in Oklahoma although I don't know if those Max Prep rankings mean a lot. Probably not to Lambo.

This is the most recent video I found of Lauren from March 2018 which would have been later in her sophomore year. This is her club team, Oklahoma Peak, video:

Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Sounds like Hailey Plugge was still on board as 24 hourrs ago.

Comment

A setter has been signed but not the one we were expecting. Whether or not the means Hailey Plugge has changed her mind or not is hard to say.
                              This from the Bakersfield newspaper says she has signed with Wichita State.

I also find it possible that Lambo prefers to have the formal announcements released over several days even though he has the NLIs in hand.
                              Last edited by flyingMoose; November 14, 2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X