2018 Shocker VB Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Shocker VB Roster

The 2018 Shocker Volleyball Roster is now up on GoShockers.com with one glaring omission.

The roster is down a little bit in numbers from last year. 25 last year minus the 6 seniors and the graduation of Kara Maleski and minus Laurent Hinrichs and Aspen Kridner who are not retruning from last years roster plus 6 newcombers. Still at 22 that is a very robust college volleyball roster.

Looks like Lauren Hinrichs has transferred to Northern Colorado where she will have 3 years of eligibility remaining. I don't know about Aspen's plans.

The 6 newcomers are:
    Makennz Miller 5-3 DS Fr. (Maize, KS - Maize South HS)
    Brylee Kelly 6-1 OH Fr. (Monee, IL - Peotone HS)
    Grace Burken 6-1 MB Fr. (Cedar Falls, IA - Cedar Falls HS)
    Kali Eaken 5-10 S Sr. (Kansas City, MO - Bishop Miege HS via K-State and Louisville)
    Chinelo Ogogor 6-0 MB/RSH Fr. (San Antonio, TX - Sandra Day O'Connor HS)
    Ashely Warehime 5-8 OH So. (Wichita, KS - Circle HS)

All these ladies have been announced except Ashley Warehime. Ashley played last year at NAIA Park University in Parkville, MO which is on the north side of Kansas City. Clealry a walk-on.

NOW FOR THE BIG MYSTERY -- WHERE IS MICHAELA PUTNICKI?

As soon as I quit hyperventilating I will e-mail Shannon Lamb and hopefully will find out that this is either just a matter of an unfinished roster or an oversight.

She left after spring practice. No idea if she transferred or even playing anymore. My rumor mill says she was not ready for this level of play, mentally ? or physically? this I do not know. I know she was at Penn State as a walk on, who knows what the circumstances behind that were.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
      She left after spring practice. No idea if she transferred or even playing anymore. My rumor mill says she was not ready for this level of play, mentally ? or physically? this I do not know. I know she was at Penn State as a walk on, who knows what the circumstances behind that were.
      Thanks for the input. I your mill is accurate I guess we don't know whether this is a big loss or not. If it is true that she is gone than there is obviously an opening for someone to step up. Question is who will that be?

We know that Regan Stiawalt has made great strides per Lambo in his intereview with Sully. He also seemed to be counting on Putnicki quite a bit as well.

Perhaps an opening for Chase Jackson and/or Megan Taflinger to get into the mix. Perhaps even one of the newcomers. Brylee or Chinelo maybe.

This team will certainly be challenged with the schedule Lambo has put together.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 12, 2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Putnicki certainly has had a stop and go start to her post-high school career so far. Signed a LOI with Virginia out of high school. Requested and recieved her release from Virginia. Spent her freshman year at Penn State playing in only 3 sets. Transferred to WSU for the spring semester of 2018 and played spring volleyball with the Shockers. Made the AD's Honor Roll of the spring semester. Has moved on to..........

Hard to say what's going on with Michaela. I hope she gets it figured out and finds a landing spot that works for her.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 12, 2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

There are also some changes to the Shocker coaching staff.

Brian Magbitang, a graduate assistant last year, has moved on to an assistant coaching poistion at ORU as previously noted in a separate thread.

Julie Allen, who was a volunteer assistannt the past 2 seasons, picked a good place to volunteer (probably helped that she and Lambo both hail from Sebastopol, CA), as Julie has landed a head coaching gig at Eastern Illinois. No doubt that says something about how well respected Lambo is. Good luck to B-Mag and Julie.

No graduate assistant listed for this year but we have a new volunteer assistant coach in Chelsea Scott. No bio on Chelsea yet. Don't know too much about her but appears she also has ties that bind with Lamba as she was an assistant at Sonoma State for 4 years through 2016. Lambo played club ball at Somoma State from 1989-93. Welcome aboard Chelsea.

Comment

I did get a response from Shannon Lamb and she confirmed that Michaela has left the team and returned home which was something she needed to do.

Sorry to see Michaela go but I am nevertheless looking forward to another fun and entertaining season of Shocker Volleyball. Lambo's love of and skill in developing players and schemes will come in very handy this year.

Comment

Ashely Warehime, a 5-8 Sophomire OH from Circle HS via an transfer from NAIA Park Unvirsity in Missouri is no longer listed on the Shocker roster. Apparently, she had a change of heart.

The Shocks only have 2 seniors on the roster in Tabitha Brown and transfer Kali Eaken but it would seem like they will be 2 very important pieces for the Shocks this season. Even among the 4 juniors on the roster only Alex Koon has much experience. This will be a young Shocker team that will be challenged with a very tough non-conference schedule. It will be interesting.

Comment

I have seen so many of these young ladies play over the last few years. Ashley's on the roster today at least, but no idea if she's on the team. Nice player at Circle, not going to be a difference maker at this level though. Brooke, Meghan, Maddy, Makenna, Chase, Ashley....all young ladies I saw many times at the high school and club level. Fun watching them mature and grow up into Shockers! Here's to another great season!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Ashely Warehime, a 5-8 Sophomire OH from Circle HS via an transfer from NAIA Park Unvirsity in Missouri is no longer listed on the Shocker roster. Apparently, she had a change of heart.

The Shocks only have 2 seniors on the roster in Tabitha Brown and transfer Kali Eaken but it would seem like they will be 2 very important pieces for the Shocks this season. Even among the 4 juniors on the roster only Alex Koon has much experience. This will be a young Shocker team that will be challenged with a very tough non-conference schedule. It will be interesting.
                  I looked today and Warehime is back on the roster.

Comment

It appears Michaela Putnicki is enrolled at Colorado State although not currently on the CSU Volleyball roster.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

Moved.

Comment

Working...
                      X