Volleyball Recruiting - Class of 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball Recruiting - Class of 2021

I hesitate even starting this thread. I give myself less than 50/50 to even be here in 2021. But yes, WSU is said to have filled their 1st commitment of the 2021 signing season. 6'0" HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMAN for crying out loud lol. Mackenzie Russ from Monument, Colorado. Touches 10' already. Last fall she was named Honorable Mention 4A playing for Palmer Ridge. They did not make the Final Four for state. Welcome to the show Mackenzie......see you in 3+ years.

I think my prognosis is about the same as yours Doc. Lambo has always said that in Volleyball recruiting you have to get them young and project where you think they will be. Of coruse if the player is already 6-0 and touching 10 you don't have to have a great imagination to project something pretty good.

I see that Mackenzie is from the same city but different high shool as recent Penn State transfer Michaela Putnicki. So Lambo already has Michaela's replacement in the pipeline.

Since this is a verbal commitment and because of my shaky prognosis I will just say welcome aboard Mackenzie and I hope to see you in 3+ years.

Comment

There was a big push this year to get commitments from that class for all the schools before a NCAA rule change became effective last week. Don't think we will see as many early commits from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
        There was a big push this year to get commitments from that class for all the schools before a NCAA rule change became effective last week. Don't think we will see as many early commits from here on out.
        What was that rule change?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

What was that rule change?
          No contact before the start of their junior year in high school - not at games, not at clinics, not at camps, not anywhere, anyway. This affects softball, too. Everything except football and men's women's basketball which have their own set of rules.

I don't know if this change is effective now or is to be voted on by coaches and will be effective on ??. It may depend on the sport - maybe volleyball is in effect and softball coaches are voting soon or have recently voted.

Comment

Mackenzie (who apparently goes by Mac) must have moved to North Carolina after her freshman year at Palmer Ridge HS in Monument Colorado. As a sophomore this past season she led Marvin Ridge HS in Waxhaw NC (a suburb on the south side of Charlotte) to their 1st ever 3A volleyball championship and was named the Championship MVP. Marvin Ridge finished the season 44-2, setting a new NCHSAA record for most wins in a season. Class 3A is the 2nd largest of 4 classifications in North Carolina.

Very possible and perhaps highly probable that Lambo was on Mackenzie while she was still in Colorado.

Her current MaxPreps page ranks Mac #59 nationally and #2 in North Carolina. I am assuming that is for the Class of 2021. Not sure how much stock to put in these rankings.

Comment

Here are some videos of Mac (#10) in action:

If nothing else you need to check out the kill on the 2nd video at about the 1:38 mark. That must have left a mark.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 1, 2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                Quite the arm!!

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                And these 2 videos were from February and March 2018 during the 2nd half of Mac's freshman year.

My memory is officially AWFUL. Nice find 1972Shocker

Comment

Working...
              X