Hawaii Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Auction

Pretty cool. 5 nights and airfare + extras. Bidding is at $1100, for now.

What do you think? 5k? 6?

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Re: Hawaii Auction

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    http://www.goshockers.com//sellnew/auction/AuctionViewItem.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7500&AU_AUCTION_ID= 120553&ITMID=376123&

Is the question what's it worth or how much will it sell for? My guess is it sells for $4500....but considering my wife and I went to Maui for less than $2000 for flight, rental car and nice condo I'd say that's way too much.

Comment

There are other intangible benefits. For example, I'm sure if someone pays a "premium" price for this trip it won't be forgotten if better seating in Koch Arena for men's basketball is desired.

Comment

Re: Hawaii Auction

Originally posted by martymoose
        Originally posted by WuDrWu
        http://www.goshockers.com//sellnew/auction/AuctionViewItem.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7500&AU_AUCTION_ID= 120553&ITMID=376123&

Is the question what's it worth or how much will it sell for? My guess is it sells for $4500....but considering my wife and I went to Maui for less than $2000 for flight, rental car and nice condo I'd say that's way too much.
        +1 :good:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          There are other intangible benefits. For example, I'm sure if someone pays a "premium" price for this trip it won't be forgotten if better seating in Koch Arena for men's basketball is desired.
          Whom ever gets the trip, chances are it will probably make no difference in improved quality seating. Now, guarantee me some priority points and we'll talk.

Comment

Recently spend some time with a couple of the volleyball players. Believe me, the trip will be worth every penny. Not because they are beautiful, but because each one I have met was genuinely outgoing and nice to talk to.

They all represent the University with pride, with nothing else to gain but our approval. Don't use priority seating for Men's Basketball to spice this up. How about a seat on the bench with them??

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
              Recently spend some time with a couple of the volleyball players. Believe me, the trip will be worth every penny. Not because they are beautiful, but because each one I have met was genuinely outgoing and nice to talk to.

They all represent the University with pride, with nothing else to gain but our approval. Don't use priority seating for Men's Basketball to spice this up. How about a seat on the bench with them??
              Sorry, Downtown, as marty already pointed out, this will probably go for about twice (or more) than what it would actually cost. If you've got the extra $2-3,000 to flash around, go for it. Quite frankly, we've been to Hawaii and if we were to go again, I'd use that extra 2-3 grand to stay an extra 2-3 weeks. I absolutely know that would be worth every penny and if you've experience the real Hawaii, you know exactly what I mean. As much as I love Shocker sports, if they happen to be playing in Hawaii while I'm there, I'd go, but it would only be a great added bonus to an already fantastic trip.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                Whom ever gets the trip, chances are it will probably make no difference in improved quality seating. Now, guarantee me some priority points and we'll talk.
                No guarantees, although I am aware of one situation where an individual parlayed substantial support for VB into significantly improved men's basketball seating. Write a big enough check and doors will open for you.

Since men's basketball is the financial bell cow every dollar of support for other sports is a dollar the men's basketball program gets to keep (all things being equal).

Comment

Turns out that I have a connection with one of the players; I just learned this a couple days ago. It's a small world.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Anyone know how much it sold for?

Comment

Not sure, however it was over $2000 the last time I looked.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I just couldn't pull the trigger......and I want to so much!!!!!

Comment

Guess who won . . . :)

Not me.

:D

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                            Not sure, however it was over $2000 the last time I looked.
                            Yeah I saw that too, with about 2 days left I think. Seemed not too unreasonable. If I hadn't of used up all my vacation already on Shocker baseball games, MVC Basketball Tourny, family summer vacation and Vegas I would have seriously considered it...

Comment

Working...
                            X