Volleyball Recruiting - Class of 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
    Thinking we are going to see some major turnover this spring. Hear the next two classes are very strong and would not be surprised to see ten or more kids leaving, including some with playing time. Just a gut feeling and a little of what happened with mens basketball last season. Also wonder how much longer Lamb can keep two dozen players happy?
    Some turnover would not be surprising. I've long been amazed at how Lambo can carry such large rosters while seemingly keeping everyone happy and rowing the same direction. My guess is Shannon may deserve quite a bit of credit for making that work. Even if everything is hunky-dory some may just want to move where that can get some playing time in matches.

Not sure how the Tabitha thing will work out. I'm sure Lambo was recruiting on the basis of having her scholarship available to give.

In any case opportunities for playing time would look to be wide open except for Giorgia at the Libero assuming she returns. i have no reason to think she won't be back other than she hates losing.

I'm thinking at least 3 of the incoming freshman will redshirt. Most likely Sophia Rohling, Skylar Goering, and Shea Lauria. But that is a total guess.

It will be interesting sure.

Comment

Thinking we are going to see some major turnover this spring. Hear the next two classes are very strong and would not be surprised to see ten or more kids leaving, including some with playing time. Just a gut feeling and a little of what happened with mens basketball last season. Also wonder how much longer Lamb can keep two dozen players happy?
      I probably missed this somewhere, but clearly there was truth and knowledge in this post. Abby Pugh has transferred to San Diego State. I'm sure it's not the only transfer we'll see.

Comment

Both Nicole and Kayce made PrepVolleyball's Senior Aces 100-250 list. I'm about 50-50 on Buss making their top 50 junior list when it comes out tomorrow.
        Last edited by WuDrWu; December 30, 2018, 10:50 PM. Reason: Ratings out: Buss did not make the list.

Comment

Are these incoming classes the result of the National Seed in 2017? I assume that is at least partially the case.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            I would think so plus don't underestimate the value of our attendance numbers. I'm pretty sure Lambo uses that as part of his pitch to recruits.

• flyingMoose
            flyingMoose commented
            Editing a comment
            Although we have had good (actually, excellent for volleyball) crowds for a number of years, our ranking has dropped into the teens from the Top Ten. I will try to do some research to find the numbers and rankings for recent years.

As a follow-up to the Comment above:

The online NCAA stats only go back to the 2012 season for ranking of average attendance. The VB Fact Book has the Top Ten average attendances for the Shockers, but there is no national ranking for those numbers. Does the Good Doctor (@WuDrWu) know who to ask in which office at Koch?

2012: 2899 (7th)
          2013: 2577 (14)
          2014: 3078 (8)
          2015: 2261 (15)
          2016: 2264 (12)
          2017: 3401 (7)
          2018: 2177 (18)

I think there was a long stretch where the Shockers were Top Ten in average attendance. Perhaps that streak ended in 2013.
          Last edited by flyingMoose; December 30, 2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            I do not anymore, but I'd ask Linda Lindsly in the Volleyball office. She's great and she'll tell you who the right person is....I'd guess it's Ryan Anderson, but that's all it is, a guess.

I was looking at the recruiting lists and 2019 has 7 girls who have signed so this is a large class, but the 2020 list of commits is only 2. Do you know of more commits? I know that Volleyball girls commit early.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            Lambo has a history of getting commitments well before they are announced or widely known. I know of only 2 2020 and 1 2021 commitments, but I'm certain there are more out there. It's just really, really hard to find.

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Isn't targeting recruits and occasionally getting commitments at a relatively young age pretty common in Volleyball? Not only are those early commitments really, really hard to find but I suspect with these young ladies sometimes committing 2 years before they can sign an LOI that there may be a lot of decommits we don't hear about as well.

Well I’m up to date on the 2019 and 2020 signees and comitments from Shockernet but I don’t think I’ve seen the 2021 commit that Doc brought up. Can someone update the 2021 commit?

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            I just want you to know I'm not trying to be an ass, at least on purpose. I would say who it was if I found it on twitter or elsewhere but since I found it on PrepVolleyball.com and the owner of that site has been extremely nice to me over the years, until it comes out publicly let me just say that the $20 per year fee is more than worth it. It's a great site, and no, I don't have any dog in that hunt.

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought maybe the commitment had been made public. If the commitment hasn’t been made public, perhaps it isn’t air tight. If it seems to be a clear commitment, then Taylor Eldridge needs to do his investigative reporting and make it public. Regardless, we will have to wait.

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          Well I’m up to date on the 2019 and 2020 signees and comitments from Shockernet but I don’t think I’ve seen the 2021 commit that Doc brought up. Can someone update the 2021 commit?
          Actually WuDrWu already reported this commitment in the Class of 2021 recruiting thread and yes this is the same one listed at PrepVolleyball.com

I hesitate even starting this thread. I give myself less than 50/50 to even be here in 2021. But yes, WSU is said to have filled their 1st commitment of

We can go to that thread for additional discussion on that recruit.

Comment

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. That is an early commitment and impressive too.
        Working...
        X