• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tickets

So here are the ticket prices and availability according to GoShockers.com:

In Advance
    GA All-Session: Adult - $14
    GA All-Session: Youth/Senior - $10

At the Door (available on Friday if available)
    GA Adult: $8
    GA Youth/Senior: $6
    College Students: $2
    Does that mean tickets will not be available at the door on Saturday?

Wow! The Volleyball forum is showing signs of turning into a real ShockerNet thing. Multiple threads on the same topic. I love it.

It does seem to indicate that tickets will not be available at the door on Saturday which seems very strange. I assume you could still buy tickets to the Satuday second round match online with a Print at Home delivery option. I would probably check with the ticket office on this one.

My real hope is that they sell out and this becomes a mute point. OTOH, not sure what kind of Chinese fire drill we would have with 10,500 people jockeying for GA seating. Especially, if some people arrive early and try to save a block of seats for later arriving family and friends. Could have some interesting action there.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 28, 2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I can’t imagine them turning away people on Saturday if there are seats available.

I plan on purchasing tonight in advance of the basketball game.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Can’t wait to see how many bandwagon KU fans that show up in their Walmart gear, that have never seen a volleyball match in their life.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If I didn't have a conflict on Friday I would definitely buy all session tickets. I guess I'll just have to see what happens Friday and then try to buy online if they win.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            If I didn't have a conflict on Friday I would definitely buy all session tickets.
            I have a conflict on Friday, but I bought my all-session tickets immediately after the Watch Party anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              I have a conflict on Friday, but I bought my all-session tickets immediately after the Watch Party anyway.
              You and RoyalShock need to find a Shocker fan who has a conflict on Saturday but can go Friday, split the cost and split the tickets.

Perhaps put that on the ticket exchange. Or donate the Friday tickets to Big Brothers-Big Sisters.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 28, 2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• flyingMoose
                flyingMoose commented
                Editing a comment
                Depending on the length of the meeting and the length of the KU-Mizzou match, I hope to make some part of the Shocker match.

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the only way WSU-Radford starts on time (8:00 pm) is that the KU-MIzzou match ends in 3 sets. If it goes 5 Shocks probably don't start unitl 9:00.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Can’t wait to see how many bandwagon KU fans that show up in their Walmart gear, that have never seen a volleyball match in their life.
              Considering that KU plays it's home matches in the 1,300 see Horejsi Family Center there are no doubt many KU fans, bandwagon or otherwise, who do not have the opportunity to see KU Volleyball which has been very good over the past 4 years especially the Wichita based alums. Considering that they are matched up with arch-rival Mizzou in Round 1 I expect a very good showing from KU fans and perhaps a decent showing of MIzzou fans (Mizzou averages about 1,800 fans at its home matches).

Hopefully, Shocker Nation finds some bandwagon fans to jump aboard in addition to the core fan base of around 3,000 Shocker fans.

The Shocks all-time match attendance record was 6,122 agaisnt Missouri State in 2007. We also drew 6,024 againat K-State that same year. I am hoping that record falls. Like then it will probably require a signficant help form the opposition fan bases to get that done.

It would also be helpful if the Shocker student body for once would actually showed up at a Volleyball match. Maybe a KU-WSU match on Saturday would be the catalyst needed.

Comment

I did check with the ticket office and was told that Volleyball Season Ticket Holder Parking Passess will be valid this weekend.

Comment

Here another little possible wrinkle with the bandwagon Beaker fans. KU Basketball plays Syracuse at 4:30 on Saturday. Will the Walmart fans show up for a volleyball match when the almighty hoops squad has a televised game at nearly the same time? Let's hope that the basketball game runs a bit longer so that the fans will either be late or just not show up.
                  78-65

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The basketball game should be over by 6:30 pm. So still time to get out to Koch Arena if KU can get by Missouri on Friday. But it could have a bit of negative impact. If Shocker fans buy enough tickets we could push a late arriving KU fan base up into the rafters though plus take up the best parking.

Glad the Shocks play Baylor at 1:00 pm. Hopefully it will matter.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 29, 2017, 02:15 PM.

Has anyone read (or heard) any ticket sales updates? I know WuDrWu said that it was a brisk pace earlier in the week. Just curious if that pace has stayed the same.
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I'm bringing several of my closest friends...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                    X