NCAA Selection Show Watch Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Shouldn't be any reason not to have a full house. Tickets went on sale tonight at the window. GA for five bucks a ticket but you have to buy both nights, A whopping ten bucks for two nights if you are a senior.
    Or 12 and under. Ticket are available at Goshockers.com now.

Yeah, no price gouging going on here. These are cheaper than regular season single game ticket prices. Clearly they are hoping for big crowds. Let's get 'er dun Shocker fans.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 26, 2017, 11:31 PM.

Comment

What a great thing and a great accomplishment for this outstanding volleyball program that we are so very fortunate to have at Wichita State. So very happy for Chris and Shannon and not only the ladies on this team but all of the outstanding student athletes who have played at Wichita State.

Let's not take it for granted. We need to make this count.

Great opportunity for the Lady Shocks. Hopefully, things will go our way this weekend and Shocker Nation will show up in big numbers.

:poster_shocks:
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 27, 2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Chris Lamb:
        I hope that Shocker Nation comes through and shows up for both nights of volleyball and we can send a message that this is not a bad place to stop at once in a while.
        WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita State volleyball team will host the NCAA First and Second Rounds for the first time in school history.  

Comment

Paul Suellentrop's Take

Taylor Eldridge's Report

Comment

Huge congrats to the Shockers on earning your first seed and hosting a subregional! You literally had to be perfect in conference to get there or the committee would've snubbed you, and you did it. The tournament you hosted with Creighton and Iowa State had three teams and produced three NCAA tournament seeds. Let's do it again next year in Omaha!

Love your draw and the potential to get Kansas or Mizzou (probably the Chickenhawks) on your home floor. It's an easier path than we got with either Michigan State or Missouri State, not to mention I'd rather take on Radford than Coastal Carolina in the first round. Good luck and pack the house!

Comment

This is great! Way to go, ladies!

I might actually get to a match this year after all. First season in years I wouldn't have made it to one.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPak View Post
                Huge congrats to the Shockers on earning your first seed and hosting a subregional! ... Good luck and pack the house!
                Thanks!

draw ... we got with either Michigan State or Missouri State, not to mention ... Coastal Carolina in the first round.
                And Good Luck with your pod.

Comment

Congrats to the program on breaking through!!

Excited to get out to a couple more WSU matches this season!

Comment

No mention of the Shockers selection as the #16 national seed and hosting on the AAC site (yet).

The Valley gets two teams in. Missouri State and Nothern Iowa. Congrats to the Bears and Panthers. Not playing matches against those two teams is one thing I miss about leaving the Valley. But overall the AAC is probably the better volleyball league. Shocks may have caught the AAC in a bit of a down year this year.

The PAC-12 had nine teams make the NCAA Tournament with 5 of those national seeds. Now that is a tough volleyball conference.

I can now forgive the NCAA Selection Committee to 2005 (well maybe I can be a little less pissed about that one). Maybe this year was their chance to make amends. Usually, Shocker fans are just thrilled when we get sent anywhere but Lincoln or Austin.

KU fans probably not too happy about having to go slumming at Wichita State but it's better than them attending a KU football game at home.

Comment

Coverage of the Shocks NCAA selection and hosting and the participation of SMU, Temple and UCF in the NIVC now up on the American website.

Comment

Here is the tournament bracket. Awaiting the winner of the Wichita sub-regional is the winner of the State College, PA bracket. Most likely No. 1 overall seed Penn State. What a challenge that would be, but a very welcomed one I'm sure.

The official 2023 College Women's Volleyball Bracket for Division I. Includes a printable bracket and links to buy NCAA championship tickets.

Comment

• WuShock16
                          WuShock16 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lambo always says that it is not how far you get but who you can get to.

Congrats! Go Shox!

Comment

Huge congrats to the Shockers on earning your first seed and hosting a subregional! You literally had to be perfect in conference to get there or the committee would've snubbed you, and you did it. The tournament you hosted with Creighton and Iowa State had three teams and produced three NCAA tournament seeds. Let's do it again next year in Omaha!

Love your draw and the potential to get Kansas or Mizzou (probably the Chickenhawks) on your home floor. It's an easier path than we got with either Michigan State or Missouri State, not to mention I'd rather take on Radford than Coastal Carolina in the first round. Good luck and pack the house!
                          We need to find a quality 4th to join the Creighton-Iowa State-Wichita State triumvirate. Missouri State would not be a bad choice in my opinion. Colorad State would be a great option as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            We need to find a quality 4th to join the Creighton-Iowa State-Wichita State triumvirate.
                            A comment was made by Lambo (on one of his radio shows?) that HCKBB had a few chits to call in and there would be a quality opponent for next year's tournament in Omaha. But yes, finding someone along the lines of your suggestions to be a permanent member would be nice.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                              1972Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              And, of course, this assumes Creighton and Iowa State are interested in continuing this relationship and tournament rotation as well.

We know Lambo has a very close and mutually respectful realtionship with MSU's Melissa Stokes.

• flyingMoose
                              flyingMoose commented
                              Editing a comment
                              For some reason (probably because Creighton has played here in other tournaments), I was under the impression that we were on the second cycle of this trio, but not so - Creighton is the third host.

Also, this year we have wrapped up the three tournaments with Marquette and IUPUI.
                          Working...
                          X