2018 Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Signings

Enjoying the heck out of this year and will miss the seniors when they are gone, but also looking forward to the future...

From the little bit I have heard from some of the current players, Ms Ogogor is very raw but has hops like we haven't seen before.

Pulling some talent away from UNI's stomping grounds.

Grace Burken is a 6-2 middle blocker.

Brylee Kelley is a 6-2 outside hitter.

Chinelo Ogogor is a 6-0 outside hitter. Some video highlights at this link. Says she has a 123 inch (10'3") Approach Touch (1 arm in).
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 10, 2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Here is some video of Grace Burken

Comment

Grace's team won the Iowa state championship and Max Preps lists her team at #6 in the COUNTRY. Their star setter is off to UNI. And their team is loaded.

Comment

Also, if I'm following the right info, Chinelo Ogogor's team, San Antonio's Sandra Day O'Connor, just earlier today won the Region 4 sub state in Texas Public Schools largest class 3-0 over San Antonio Reagan. Prep Volleyball had Reagan #3 in the COUNTRY and 41-1 entering today's match. O'Connor was ranked #42 in the country.

O'Connor will play #8 ranked The Woodlands (former home of Lindsey Eckenrode if memory serves me correctly) on Wednesday in the Final 4.

EDIT

Apparently I read it incorrectly. O'Connor will play Katy (Seven Lakes) in the semis on Friday. The Woodlands play Lewisville (Hebron) all are top 100 in the country. FWIW, Chinelo appears to have her younger sister on the team as well, although I don't think she's the high talent that her older sister is.

Last edited by WuDrWu; November 16, 2017, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Should hear about 3 others soon I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Should hear about 3 others soon I believe.
              One more announced on the final day of the early signing period:

Makenna is a 5-4 Libero/DS out of Maize South High School.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Also, if I'm following the right info, Chinelo Ogogor's team, San Antonio's Sandra Day O'Connor, just earlier today won the Region 4 sub state in Texas Public Schools largest class 3-0 over San Antonio Reagan. Prep Volleyball had Reagan #3 in the COUNTRY and 41-1 entering today's match. O'Connor was ranked #42 in the country.

O'Connor will play #8 ranked The Woodlands (former home of Lindsey Eckenrode if memory serves me correctly) on Wednesday in the Final 4.

EDIT

Apparently I read it incorrectly. O'Connor will play Katy (Seven Lakes) in the semis on Friday. The Woodlands play Lewisville (Hebron) all are top 100 in the country. FWIW, Chinelo appears to have her younger sister on the team as well, although I don't think she's the high talent that her older sister is.
                O'Connor fell Friday to Katy in 4 (23) 21 23 21. Katy was then blasted by Hebron 17, 14, 15 for the State Championship. Katy (Seven Lakes) has the Batenhorst sisters, Senior Dani is a solid player at 6"1 (17-3-45 .311) but her FRESHMAN (2021) OH sister Ally will be one of the most highly prized recruits in the country at SIX FEET FOUR. Her stats in the semis?

29-4-72 .347

Comment

Working...
                X