WSU vs Nebraska in Grand Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs Nebraska in Grand Island

Hoping to see some black and yellow in the stands amongst all the red! Sounds like it is a sell out so I hope everyone that wanted to go was able to get tickets.

Any eye witness reports would be appreciated. TIA

Comment

I believe an upcoming weekend in Kansas City also offers some good competition for the Shocks.

I also don't think Hoop is playing right now. This should be a really good opportunity for Chelsey to showcase her talents full time and develop what is most assuredly an immense talent.

I heard the ladies competed well in Texas, not winning matches but at least taking 1 game from each of their opponents, all high quality, and all without the services of MEH.

This program is on a really nice roll, it would be something to take another step forward this fall with some talented transfers or new signings and another trip to the NCAAs. UNI should be really strong again, but I am hoping we can close the gap just a bit, but we'll certainly need to get better.

Comment

It is spring ball - SHOX take the Huskers to 5 before 5,500+ fans

Good to see the team playing top programs to prepare for the fall season.
        GO SHOX!

Comment

Decent numbers by Emily Adney.

Looks like we need to work on the blocking although Nebraska may have players that can just hit over the blocks.

Ashley Andrade did not play. Is she injured?

Comment

Andrade

This was posted in a different thread on March 17th: Andrade has a knee injury that requires her to have a knee brace while walking around campus.

Comment

Re: Andrade

Originally posted by xazshox
              This was posted in a different thread on March 17th: Andrade has a knee injury that requires her to have a knee brace while walking around campus.
              Thanks. Now that you mention it I do recall someone stating that. I wonder what Ashley's status and prognosis is?

Comment

Another article about the match:

Comment

MEH

Another question besides the one tha asked why Ashley Andrade didn't play in the game with Nebraska is whether or not Mary Ellen Hooper played or not. I do not see her name in the box score above, so she must still be letting a sore leg heal. That was a pretty signficant player to miss this game and for WSU to still do pretty well agailnst a national power. On the other hand, it had to be good experience for Chelsey Feekin to be the main setter for WSU in this particular game.

Comment

Re: MEH

Another question besides the one tha asked why Ashley Andrade didn't play in the game with Nebraska is whether or not Mary Ellen Hooper played or not. I do not see her name in the box score above, so she must still be letting a sore leg heal. That was a pretty signficant player to miss this game and for WSU to still do pretty well agailnst a national power. On the other hand, it had to be good experience for Chelsey Feekin to be the main setter for WSU in this particular game.
                    Mary Elizabeth is out the entire spring due to her stress fracture. Hopefully she can rest it enough that it fully heals so that it doesn't continue to be an on-going problem.

That said, as you noted, it is good for Chelsey to get these reps and she acquitted herself quite nicely it appears (especially attacking from the setter position). It will be interesting to see if we find a way to split time between her and MEH next year (which would be great both to get one of our more talented players on the floor and limit the reps on MEH's legs).
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Did anyone actually go to the match that can report on the game. I would love to hear about the intangibles that stats don't reflect. Sure wish our program would share more info with the fans. Other programs are good about keeping their fans updated on their teams progress.

Comment

Re: MEH

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                        Mary Elizabeth is out the entire spring due to her stress fracture. Hopefully she can rest it enough that it fully heals so that it doesn't continue to be an on-going problem.

That said, as you noted, it is good for Chelsey to get these reps and she acquitted herself quite nicely it appears (especially attacking from the setter position). It will be interesting to see if we find a way to split time between her and MEH next year (which would be great both to get one of our more talented players on the floor and limit the reps on MEH's legs).

I didn't realize Hoop had a stress fracture but one way or the other, Chelsey was going to get most if not all the time in the spring anyway.

We need to get her some reps and see where her strengths are going to be and how best to utilize them.

Leg injuries are a part of the women's game unfortunately, and with any luck the ladies will be back to full speed in the late summer, early fall.

VBF, outside of Nebraska, which is in itself a bit of an anomaly, what schools get good coverage on spring volleyball?

I, as much as anyone, would love to see wall to wall video coverage of our fine program 24/7, but I don't know what kind of expectations are realistic here.

Comment

Well to start with KU and KSU as well as Missouri State have listed their Spring schedule. Not every school publishes the off season activity but is sure is nice when they do, it keeps the fans engaged year round.

Comment

Originally posted by Volleyballfan
                            Well to start with KU and KSU as well as Missouri State have listed their Spring schedule. Not every school publishes the off season activity but is sure is nice when they do, it keeps the fans engaged year round.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
                              Originally posted by Volleyballfan
                              http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...CLID=205128081
                              Oops!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X