Clear All

Array

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful.

The Moderator named Array forcing me to retype my post,

A bunch of wounded Owls will be invading Koch Arena today and that can be quite dangerous. Assuming the Shocks don't host in the NCAA Tournament, you only have two more opportunities to see this very good Shocker team and watch this outstanding group of Shocker seniors. Let's get out en masse today and help the Lady Shocks fend off the wounded Owl onslaught.

See the 2017 Rankings thread in this forum for Doc's analysis of the Shocks NCAA hosting chances.

Comment

25-22 Shock's in set 1. Emily, Abbie and Emma we're good. Need better play from Gabi, Alex, Mikaela and Tabitha. Although Tabitha got the last two points when she took a couple of good hard swings.

Izzy Rapacz of Temple is a load to handle.

Comment

The scoreboard moves in the right direction when Abbie is in the front row.

Comment

Shock's take set 2 by 9 at 25-16.

It's the Emily and Abbie show. Thank you Newton.

Comment

Shocks get 'er dun. The Shocks never trailed in Set 3. I think it was tied a 4-all. But if you think it was easy you would be wrong. The Shocks had to battle for all they were worth to pull out a 25-23 win in Set 3 and secure the sweep. With the exception of the latter states of Set 2 I was never really comfortable in this match. Temple has some good athletes and they serve tough.

Nice, enthusiastic Sunday crowd of 2,254 but I was disappointed that the Pep Band was a no show.

Glad Lambo commented on the poor play of the Shocker littles in his post-game interview so I don't have to.

Alex Koon also really struggled today to the point that Lambo went with Chase Jackson in Set 3. Mikaela was okay today but I thought Tabitha had a below average match for her. Emma Wright was decent. However, as I said after Set 2 this was the Emily and Abbie show today and they were good enough to lead the Shocks to a big win.

Now it's on to the road for 5 consecutive matches. The next two weekends will be big. Next weekend the Shocks travel to ECU and Cincy. Perhaps the toughest travel pair in the AAC this year. After that Shocks head to Tulsa and SMU and hopefully they will still have their cushion over SMU by the time that arrives.

After that it is a away and home vs last place Memphis on the Wednesday and Friday sandwiched around Turkey Day.

Lambo's immediate concern per his post-game comments to Mike is to go have a conversation with his littles. This week may not be quite as much fun at practice as this past week was.

Comment

Sully's RH report

Comment

I kind of have mixed emotions about the reports by Sully and Taylor Eldridge that the Shocks locker room was kind of somber after the key victory over a good Temple team. On the one hand it's great to see that the Ladies are not just satisfied with a win but also concerned with the quality of their play and their desire to play well. On the other hand you would like to see the Ladies enjoy each and every win. While you always want to play well it also says some good things about your team when you can play a good opponent without your A game and still figure out a way to scrap and fight to get the win.

I think you have to give some credit for the Shocks not playing their best to the Temple team. Izzy Rapacz is a stud. They serve tough, they play hard and they are aggressive.

A little hard to believe this Temple team lost at Memphis. It seems like they perhaps had put all their focus and practice time on the Shocks and perhaps took the Memphis match a little to much for granted. That said I hope Temple can bounce back strongly as they travel to Dallas to play SMU next Thursday. All I can say is Go Owls!

Comment

Working...
                X