Anthony Downing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Downing

Print and online newspaper. Also publishes Lady A Magazine, Tomfoolery Magazine and Atchison Globe Express.

6'0 point guard from Atchison, class of 2008.

Scout profile:

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Great player under a great coach. I hope he commits.

Comment

Signing Downing would make us pretty guard heavy next year.

Comment

Walk-on candidate, perhaps? Lance Harris replacement?

Comment

I can't see coach giving a scholarship to someone who isn't a 4 or a 5 for next year now.

Comment

rr, normally I would agree with you, but we are also recruiting David Diakite. I don't know what all this other recruiting means?

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
                rr, normally I would agree with you, but we are also recruiting David Diakite. I don't know what all this other recruiting means?
                I really wonder how much they are recruiting anyone now. We're already 1 over. So that means someone won't be back. Plus there are only a couple on the team now that I would even question as to whether or not they'll return. We are definitely gaurd heavy after this year, and just don't see them giving out another ship to other than a big man that you just can't not have.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                  Originally posted by calfan
                  I really wonder how much they are recruiting anyone now. We're already 1 over. So that means someone won't be back. Plus there are only a couple on the team now that I would even question as to whether or not they'll return. We are definitely gaurd heavy after this year, and just don't see them giving out another ship to other than a big man that you just can't not have.
                  Yes, we will be guard heavy assuming the remaining guards return next year. Maybe that assumption should be examined.

Smooth
                  Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

I'm sure coach has a master plan for all these guards he's trying to get and somehow they'll ALL get to play but the lack of focusing on big men is a little disturbing

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian
                      I'm sure coach has a master plan for all these guards he's trying to get and somehow they'll ALL get to play but the lack of focusing on big men is a little disturbing
                      It’s probably not because we’re not trying… it could be that quality big men are much more difficult to find. Quality guards are more plentiful. jmo
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Atchison is the home of Amelia Earhart. I wonder if they are related?

Comment

She never calls me anymore......

Comment

I certainly don't think we're point guard heavy next year. Other than Hannah, aren't the other signees primarily wings? Neither Gal nor Preadom has particularly impressed me from the 1, though Mekel has been less turnover prone lately. We have Hannah for two years, but nada on the current roster after he is gone.
                            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Murry is a combo guard, partly forced by his recent growth spurt. So he sounds like a guy with PG skills.

Comment

Working...
                              X