David Diakite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Diakite

WSU is one of the many schools interested in David Diakite. He is a 6-5 SF/SG playing with National Christian Academy in Fort Washington, Maryland. A Rivals's three star, he averaged 10 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals per game as a junior. Loyola Maryland has offered. Marquette and Wyoming are interested. Other schools that might be looking at him for a Spring signing are Auburn, Cincinnati, George Washington, Kansas State, Rhode Island, Rutgers, Texas Tech and Charlotte.
    In the fast lane

class of 08?

Comment

Yes.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Stay up to date with all the George Washington Colonials sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
        Jocks & Jills
        3236 N. Rock Rd
        Wichita, KS 67226
        316-260-9800
        http://www.jocks-jills.com
        http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Diakite will be a highly sought SF for the Spring signing period. The top ranked available SF also is the top ranked quarterback and will probably play football. Justin Brownlee, Travis Leslie and Murphy Holloway, all four stars are available, but their recruiting is further along than Diakite's, which will make them harder to get in on. All of them are being looked at by at least a few "elite" schools.

We are a late entry in the race for Diakite, but as I said, he appears to be wide open. By adding Diakite to our recruiting interest for the Spring, it looks like SF might be the spot we are interested in making an addition if scholarships are available.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Don't we already have this position 3 deep?

Comment

Not only that, but 6'5" is on the smallish side for the 3 spot today.

Comment

How will the team be 3 deep at the SF next year? I count Ellis and MG. The only other player is Hawkins but I think he will be playing a lot of SG next year – at least I hope so.

6"5" may be on the smallish side for a SF; however, that is all WSU has had until Marshall brought in Ellis and MG. While I would rather see WSU's SF's in the 6'7"ish range, I would not be opposed to a SF his size – it just depends upon the athlete.

Comment

Here's my guess at the depth chart next year:

PG: Hannah, Mekel, Murry
                  SG: Mekel, Hawkins, Murry, Kyles, Preadom, Hatch
                  SF: Hawkins, Griskenas, Ellis, Butler
                  PF: Clemente, Durley, Griskenas, Butler
                  C: Orukpe, Stutz

If Hawkins is your SG, Mekel comes off the bench, and I just don't see that happening. Of course, one of those players isn't going to be here next year.

Comment

I don't see Bulter spending a lot of time at SF unless he figures out where he misplaced his jump shot. I was happy when CGM said Bulter was in the mix (before the injury) but I still don't know where he fits in.

I know where you are coming from regarding Hawkins and Mekel – I know that will be an issue. If Hannah turns out to be able to contribute right away and I do foresee him doing so, it does create a logjam of sorts on the perimeter. I assume your starting lineup would be Hannah, Mekel, Hawkins, Clemente and Ourkpe. You might be right because Mekel has yet to pick up the PG position and I think Hawkins has to be on the floor one way or another. That leaves Griskenas coming off the bench. I happen to believe he is going to turn out to be a very good player and I like his size and rebounding ability from the SF spot. If MG is coming off the bench, he could wind up becoming the sixth man of the year. In addition, I think Ellis will earn minutes at the SF as well. Ironically, this team still seems to need depth at the PG position.

I don't know how it is going to shake out but these are "good" problems to have. An additional note on Hawkins – I think his game and PJs are very similar. Hawkins has proved to be more of a slasher than a shooter – he is CGM's kind of player – a "maker" to use CGM's words. But he has an entire year to work on his jump shot.

Comment

I don't foresee Butler getting many minutes at SF, which is why I have him last on the depth chart.

I agree completely about MG. He'll be a true "6th man" next season, IMO.

I just hope I'm right about Orukpe, and that he's not the one who won't be here next year.

Comment

On Butler, I gathered that you don't think he will get much time at SF. I should have been clearer – I suppose I don't consider Butler a SF at all because he can't shoot the ball. He just doesn't have the skill set right now. In fact, I really cannot say Butler is best suited for any one position. I guess he is just a "basketball player". I would be interested in knowing how exactly he figured into CGM's plans.

On Orukpe – I was not counting on him showing up this year anyway and the way things seem to be going – I am not confident about next year either. I am beginning to believe he is a myth.

Comment

In the post game interview after the Wyoming game, Marshall said Butler would be used as a post player. Although the PT-Durley rotation at 5 and RC-MG rotation at 4 is working, he said Butler would be needed as the 5th post.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

This is probably not the best place to bring this up but even though Gregg has been dissappointed with the progress of trying PJ at the 2 that process has been hindered by the fact that AB was injured.

I promise you that with a healthy AB you would/will see some experimetation of a Phil-Arbry-Mantas-PJ-Matt lineup.

Comment

". . . Shocker fans would take that improvement and raise their usual level of bonkers a notch." - USAToday
                              royal - where'd you get that quote? i know its from usa today, but was it from the valley preview or another story?

Comment

Working...
                              X