Clear All

• 2012 open scholarships?

Murry
    Kyles
    Stutz
    Smith
    Ragland

That's a bunch.

Does anyone have a good list of Wichita high school players that may be on the radar for one of these ships?

Perry Ellis is a given obviously. Wouldn't it be something to have three local players on the team?

Just caught these names off another thread: Perry Ellis ,Gavin Thurman, Craig Nicholson, Jalen Love and Nathan Jackson.

What if all three signed with Wichita? How crazy would that be?

Comment

You could also add: Spencer Gaels: 6-8 C, Northwest; June Johnson: 6-3 SF, Northwest; Terrence Moore: 6-1 G, Heights; Kevin Gunter: 6-6 F, Southeast; 6-6 PF Clint McCullough from St. James Academy
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I didn't know there was that much D-1 talent in this class. Would a coach recruit that many local kids? I've never heard of it before.

Comment

I don't know to what level of D1 these kids legitimately fall in, but if they're good enough and can help at WSU they will be recruited. Especially in a class that big where we'll be filling a number of holes.

Love, Jackson, Ellis and Thurman are the ones I've heard the most talk about. I haven't heard much on McCullough lately. The others I don't have much on.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Do we have confirmed offers out to any of them? (understand they can only verbal)

Comment

Ellis we do. The others I'm not so sure.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

We've offered Ellis. I don't think there are any other confirmed offers. There is a thread called "Kansas talent 2012" in the recruiting forum which discusses each of these kids a little.
                Livin the dream

Comment

For 2012 Wichita players beyond Ellis, WSU has been looking at Love, Thurman and Jackson for at least over a year. No known offers and chances of all three getting offers IMO at very low.

We do not know about Shocker interest in the others mentioned in this thread. It's possible as I'm sure the staff has seen them. I really doubt if offers are extended to any beyond the three I named. Of course there are walk-on opprounities.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

The Kansas class of 2012 is loaded.

Comment

I sure hope some of our youngsters can step up, that's a lot to lose that year.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                        Hopefully EO develops well, because if he reaches his potential, having him and Carl Hall as your starting post players looks pretty good and should take some pressure off the young perimeter players.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                          Hopefully EO develops well, because if he reaches his potential, having him and Carl Hall as your starting post players looks pretty good and should take some pressure off the young perimeter players.
                          Don't forget about Jake White in the post too.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                            Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                            Don't forget about Jake White in the post too.
                            I didn't forget about White or Hamilton, I was just noting that if all goes well we could have two seniors starting in the post that could be pretty good.

However, since White and Hamilton should get playing time with the departure of three senior PFs this year, it is fair to say that they should also be experienced for after 2011-2012.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I just hope Hamilton, and D-Will and Richardson for that matter, are the type of player(s) we can depend on to continue the program momentum HCGM has been building. I am a little worried with these three. I understand some players don't just jump out at you from the get-go (Kyles has taken time to develop), but something tells me one or a combination of those may look elsewhere to pursue their college education...just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                              X