Anthony Fields to Wake Forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Fields to Wake Forest

A 5-11 lighting quick point guard at Quality Education Academy in North Carolina is getting plenty of attention from the Shockers. He is averaging 13 points, 14 assists and 5 steals. He is currently hearing the most from Wake Forest, Boston College, Seton Hall, Rice, Wright State and the Shockers. Missouri is also getting involved. His hometown is Detroit.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

A Rival's 3 star. He is a true point guard for a very good team. Their only two losses have been to Oak Hill and they were both very close games.
    In the fast lane

I wonder if the use of "Quality Education" in a school name is similar to the use of "Honest Mike's" for, say, a car dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      I wonder if the use of "Quality Education" in a school name is similar to the use of "Honest Mike's" for, say, a car dealership.
      They are probably the real thing. They are a charter school with a lottery procedure, providing education I believe starting at the pre-school level. Looks like one of those schools that you pray your child can attend so he or she doesn't have to attend an inner city drop out mill.
      In the fast lane

Comment

I'm sure they are, I just found it funny the first time I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Reminds me of this quote by Margaret Thatcher:
          "Being a leader is like being a lady, if you have to go around telling people you are one, you aren't."
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

I would be surprised if we do not offer this kid, or someone similar to him.

Comment

We already have Cotton & Wessel. Unless an upper class PG doesn't return, don't see another PG needed in this recruiting class.

Comment

Cotton and/or Wessell may not end up at point guard...

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56
                  Cotton and/or Wessell may not end up at point guard...
                  I saw video of a game played earlier this year. He sure looked and played like a PG to me. He was very hesitant to shoot, but ran a very good floor game as a PG. I know his recruiting thread says SG, but I didn't see it in the one game I saw. I would imagine with Kenny Gaines at the SG on his HS team, Cotton will continue to play the point. His own coach says Cotton has a good mid-range game, but just adaquate from 3. Not a resounding plug for a SG.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC
                    We already have Cotton & Wessel. Unless an upper class PG doesn't return, don't see another PG needed in this recruiting class.
                    Given recent history, meaning the last couple of games, I am having some semi-nervous feelings about Demetric.

No facts, just gut feel uneasiness.
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                      Originally posted by SHOXMVC
                      Given recent history, meaning the last couple of games, I am having some semi-nervous feelings about Demetric.

No facts, just gut feel uneasiness.
                      I'm glad someone else has that feeling. Dido...I hope for the best and that D-Will is just going through some of the normal growing pains that are normal. He has such great tools and I hope it works out.

Comment

Even if we bring in another PG, it wouldn't meant these guys wouldn't play together. Wessel has been talked about as a 2/3 guy who may be able to play the 1. Cotton has been described as a CG. Hell, if you wanted, all three could play together. That's a good group of ball handlers on the perimeter.

With the way we're struggling to get quality PG depth right now, signing another possibility wouldn't surprise me if something opened up. Then there are always redshirt possibilities.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          Even if we bring in another PG, it wouldn't meant these guys wouldn't play together. Wessel has been talked about as a 2/3 guy who may be able to play the 1. Cotton has been described as a CG. Hell, if you wanted, all three could play together. That's a good group of ball handlers on the perimeter

With the way we're struggling to get quality PG depth right now, signing another possibility wouldn't surprise me if something opened up. Then there are always redshirt possibilities.
                          Didn't HCGM say you always need at least 3 PG's

Comment

Yes he did.

Guys that qualify on next years team could be Rags, DWill, Murry, Cotton and Wessel. Not that PG is the only/best position for all of them but having guys who can handle and run a team is a good thing. Being able to play a few of them together is a nice bonus.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If a spot does open up it appears to me a 3G would make alot more sense. Smith should be the solid 3G next year, but no solid backup. I am not sold on Richardson. Murry & Kyles can play at the position, but with the PG spot still up in the air Murry may have to play there. It isn't known exactly what role Wessel will play. I would like to see an athletic playmaker added to the mix at that position.

Comment

Working...
                              X