Maurice Letcher-Ellis -- PF 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maurice Letcher-Ellis -- PF 2012

Per this Houston Chronicle story, WSU has offered Maurice Letcher-Ellis, a 6-8 PF from Yates H.S. in Houston, the same school that produced Randy Burns. Unfortunately, Letcher-Ellis has been declared ineligible for varsity for his upcoming junior year because of an illegal transfer from Houston Cypress Springs. He'll be taking out his frustrations on JV teams this season.

Letcher-Ellis also carries offers from UALR and Detroit.

Yates' BB coach is Greg Wise, who made national news a couple of seasons ago running up a 170-35 score on a team while pressing the whole game. http://quu.nu/czs7fz

Yates' long-time principal just retired last week amid allegations of professional misconduct. http://quu.nu/pmmhku

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

TexasHoops' 13th ranked player in the class of 2012. "Long athlete, alters shots with his quick leaping ability, finishes over the rim, runs the floor well, rangy defender."
    In the fast lane

Comment

Mo must of impressed Coach Marshall at the John Lucus summer camp.
      In the fast lane

Comment

This kid sounds like a good start to the recruiting class that will replace TM, KW, BS, GS, and JR.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Randy went to Booker T Washington. I think PJ may have went to Yates.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
            Randy went to Booker T Washington. I think PJ may have went to Yates.
            I think you're right. My bad.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
              TexasHoops' 13th ranked player in the class of 2012. "Long athlete, alters shots with his quick leaping ability, finishes over the rim, runs the floor well, rangy defender."
              With adjectives like "long" and "rangy", is that another way of saying that the young man is skinny and will benefit from his time in the weight room?

Trop, you know the recruiting lingo. What say ye? <grin>

I would not mind more players like that matriculating to Wichita State as student athletes. Let Kerry, the makeover artist, do his thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Txlen
                Originally posted by tropicalshox
                With adjectives like "long" and "rangy", is that another way of saying that the young man is skinny and will benefit from his time in the weight room?

Trop, you know the recruiting lingo. What say ye? <grin>

I would not mind more players like that matriculating to Wichita State as student athletes. Let Kerry, the makeover artist, do his thing.
                IMO long is always a positive term meaning the players height, reach and possibly jumping ability for his position will give the opposition problems. Rangy is not always used with it but probably refers to his reach. Many times the term lengthy is used for this. The player is usually pretty athletic. Few 6-8 high school juniors have D-1 ready bodies and the weight room is always needed.

Long and rangy for his position could of decribed TM when he was in high school.

I remember another Texas recruit a year or two ago who we were interested in also had to sit out a year because of transferring. I think they are starting to crack down on this down there. I don't blame a kid and family for wanting to move to the Yates' district. They were the #1 high school team in the Country last year.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Don't forget this guy. He will play with the Texas D1 Ambassadors-Houston this July.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Will be at Temple JC next year.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                    X