Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guy cant be too bad he made class all state lst team

Comment

• While only having some video to go on, I believe Tekele is going to be an impact player for us in time. He is disruptive and athletic. If he can take care of the ball and make free throws we'll be glad to have him. Interesting to see who redshirts this season.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
        While only having some video to go on, I believe Tekele is going to be an impact player for us in time. He is disruptive and athletic. If he can take care of the ball and make free throws we'll be glad to have him. Interesting to see who redshirts this season.
        It's possible to see both Cotton and Wessel redshirt this year. But I also think both could play and help this year if needed. But with so many upper classmen guards I'm not sure it's necessary.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I think it was reported that Cotton played well in Brazil. :good:
          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
            This is particularly exciting.

"Cotton finished with 12 points, but his last two brought the Whitefield Academy house down. With the game in hand, Cotton was fed the ball with a running start with 19 seconds left. He threw down a one-handed dunk, causing the raucous student section to scream even louder than it had through the course of the game."
            Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              I'm excited about Cotton, but I hope he is more Demetric Williams than Wendell Preadom.
              I think these two wish they could have been more like Cotton!!
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                His stats in high school are meaningless. We'll see when he gets here.
                Worth a bump -- nice call, BOBB.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Anthroshock

This is particularly exciting.

"Cotton finished with 12 points, but his last two brought the Whitefield Academy house down. With the game in hand, Cotton was fed the ball with a running start with 19 seconds left. He threw down a one-handed dunk, causing the raucous student section to scream even louder than it had through the course of the game."
                  Wednesday, Jan 22, 2014, Cotton finished with 12 points, but with 5:40 left in the 58-42 game, Tekele posterizing dunk on the Redbird's 6'9" Jones brought gasping sounds from what remained of the 9,510 in attendance at Redbird Arena.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• In simple terms, Cotton delivered a gut wrenching, right handed haymaker to the jaw that KOed not only his foe, but furthered resulted in a death knell gasp from the mass of rabid home town fans.

Comment

• Always fun to look at these on senior day.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                        I hope he is a diamond in the rough cause this sure isn't knocking my socks off. Seems Kenny M esq.
                        Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        They see something in him, but I agree that the list of others recruiting doesn't blow anyone away.
                        Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
                        Just because you can slash to the basket in High School, doesn't necessarily mean you will be able to do it in D-1 ball where defenses are tougher and the post players taller.

I guess I will just be in a 'wait and see' mode on him for now.
                        I am not convinced about Cotton yet. I heard all this same hype about Adam Liberty before, and I am of the mentality that a guard that can't shoot is half a guard. (BTW, I was a point guard when younger).
                        I am not convinced about Cotton yet. I heard all this same hype about Adam Liberty before, and I am of the mentality that a guard that can't shoot is half a guard. (BTW, I was a point guard when younger).
                        It does look like he came on as the season progressed, but as I said before
                        I was not impressed with the videos I saw and the competition level. It will be a major change for him to play Div-1 ball, and we will just have to see how well he adapts to it.
                        And the nominees for "Worst Prediction On SN Of All Time" are..... ;)
                        Last edited by Shock Top; March 1, 2015, 06:13 PM.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          I remember in Maui they mentioned in the UVA game that we had a really good incoming class highlighted by Tekele Cotton. Those were the words from Bilas I believe. Maybe it doesn't mean anything but it made me wonder what this kid will be.
                          Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Yea, it was Bilas. I wondered about that as well.
                          Jay is a smart guy :)
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            I'm excited about Cotton, but I hope he is more Demetric Williams than Wendell Preadom.
                            Quoting myself here, but as it turns out Cotton went on to surpass DWill as the winningest Shocker of all time!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              His stats are listed on MaxPreps:

He needs to work on his outside shooting, but he fills up the stat line otherwise. Judging by the stats and video, it looks like his defense is his big selling point. Also appears to play a lot bigger than 6'1".
                              Nailed it!
                              I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                              If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Who is the is Tekele Cotton character??? I don't like the fact that the other schools he is being recruited by are low level programs!!!!! This is NOT a good sign at all!!! In my opinion we should be going after kids that are of higher profile. I don't like this signing AT ALL and think it will be a waste of a scholarship. We may be looking for a new head coach soon if this is the BEST we can do ?????

C'mon...I mean Coach Marshall has only been here a couple years now but I was hoping he would get a really good or great player this year. A guy that could help us get to the NCAA tourney for God's sake. Not a player being recruited by Murray State, Middle Tennessee State, Morehead State, Northeastern . That's just ridicuous!!! We need a guy that could maybe help get us to the Sweet-16 or even gulp.....a Final Four!!!! It's high time we get a guy in the program that is actually athletic and can actually throw down a dunk or two during the season. Hell...I'm ready to get a guy in the program that can maybe even dunk his way on to Sports Center's Top Plays of the day!!!!

This is NOT that guy!!!!

Lol
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X