• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is his first name pronounced?

Comment

He blocked 32 shots in a game?
      That was in the first quarter.

In case you're wondering how a team could get 32 attempts in a quarter? They didn't. He blocked some of their shots twice.

I didn't see a stat for TO's, but I did see the ones for 3-pt. shooting and FT's. Those aren't quite what we're used to for a "Marshall PG", whose last name did not start with M.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Here is another article about him:

Comment

[quote="Aargh"]

I didn't see a stat for TO's, but I did see the ones for 3-pt. shooting and FT's. Those aren't quite what we're used to for a "Marshall PG", whose last name did not start with M.
          Well then, we'll just hope there end up being comparisons to Rajon Rondo by the time he's done. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
            heres some highlight from his junior year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zQSLo5NiIw
            The first thing that sticks out to me is that a lot of his highlights in this video are defensive. You don't see that often, and it may be a sign that he takes pride in his work on that side of the ball.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Obviously your generally only going to see plus plays from a hightlight tape. That said he seems to have a good frame and good instincts.

His form on his perimeter shot looks good, nice arch and looks like a good touch.

Hopefully, he follows the Shooter' Prayer as a Shocker:

Lord, please let me take only good shots,
              Pass on taking any poor shots,
              And the BB IQ to know the difference.

Amen.

Comment

Congratulations Tekele! You are joining a wonderful basketball program with great fan support. And congratulations to coach Dollar for bringing home your man.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Hey 1972, this prayer reminds me of the Battle Of New Orleans as the Shocks were playing KU. Mike Jones receives a pass and is 25' away from the hoop. As Mike releases THE shot, FSF is screaming no, no no---yes, yes, yes!!! Shortly thereafter, Mike Jones receives another pass 25' from the basket, he nonchalantly fires up another shot as I again proclaim, "no, no no--yes, yes yes!!!" We won THE game with the help of a streaky shooter, who never seen a shot he did not like. However, when Mike Jones was hot, he was on fire, and the rest is history!!!!!!!
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                    Obviously your generally only going to see plus plays from a hightlight tape. That said he seems to have a good frame and good instincts.

His form on his perimeter shot looks good, nice arch and looks like a good touch.

Hopefully, he follows the Shooter' Prayer as a Shocker:

Lord, please let me take only good shots,
                    Pass on taking any poor shots,
                    And the BB IQ to know the difference.

Amen.
                    I agree that his form looked better than his shooting percentages would indicate, so it may be a matter of becoming more consistent or better shot selection.

Otherwise, he shows really nice athleticism and instincts on defense. In my mind, this is a prototypical type of Marshall player. Athletic, aggressive, and defensive first.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                      Hey 1972, this prayer reminds me of the Battle Of New Orleans as the Shocks were playing KU. Mike Jones receives a pass and is 25' away from the hoop. As Mike releases THE shot, FSF is screaming no, no no---yes, yes, yes!!! Shortly thereafter, Mike Jones receives another pass 25' from the basket, he nonchalantly fires up another shot as I again proclaim, "no, no no--yes, yes yes!!!" We won THE game with the help of a streaky shooter, who never seen a shot he did not like. However, when Mike Jones was hot, he was on fire, and the rest is history!!!!!!!
                      I don't think you were only one screaming "no, no, no --- yes, yes, yes". I will say that IIRC Mike was pretty open.

Hopefully, Tekele will duplicate that shot before he is through as a Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                        Good question. Maybe we should have a poll or a contest.

I will go with Ta-Keel (rhymes with Shaquille).

Comment

I woulda guessd ta-kay'-lay

Comment

We need Paula S to help on this.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                              Originally posted by pinstripers
                              Good question. Maybe we should have a poll or a contest.

I will go with Ta-Keel (rhymes with Shaquille).
                              Correct

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                                I hope he is a diamond in the rough cause this sure isn't knocking my socks off. Seems Kenny M esq.
                                You can look it the other way too. Demetric Williams was recruited by SMU, Pepperdine, UC-Riverside and Texas Southern. He's turning out pretty good thus far.

Plus, we will still have Ragland, Williams, Murry, Kyles....etc next year. So who knows, we could afford a redshirt if it comes to that (granted we are a LONNNNNNNG way from even seriously discussing that). He does seem to have a pretty decent all around game though. I'm excited to see what he can do.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X