Tyrus McGee Class of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrus McGee Class of 2011

The 6-2 PG at Cowley County JC has offers from and visits set with WSU (9/10),
    Iowa State (was there 9/1), Creighton (9/17), Colorado (9/24).

I remember we recruited him some durning his senior year. IIRC he is from Stringtown, OK.

In the fast lane

Both Scout and Rivals has stories up on his visit to Iowa State. He is being recruited directly by head coach Hoiberg. They discovered him at the Mullins JC camp this summer.

Neither story mentions his scheduled visit to Wichita. In the Rivals' story his coach at Cowley thinks he will pull the trigger in November if he finds the right fit during his Fall visits.

In the fast lane

Comment

Here's his thread from his HS days:

In the fast lane

Comment

No offense to this kid, but we really don't have a need for a JC PG. A HS PG maybe, but JC doesn't make a lot of sense.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He could probably also play SG. He is a scorer.
          In the fast lane

Comment

I was thinking combo guard as well, and maybe a red-shirt?
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
              I was thinking combo guard as well, and maybe a red-shirt?
              He would have a redshirt available. Interesting that apparently his visit is before Chatman's. Perhaps he has a chance to grab up the PG/CG spot. He and Watson might be a nice pair.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Chatman is still my personal favorite. I'm not sure timing of visits says much.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Well, it does if the offer is non-conditional and he says yes during the visit.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

You can always play that game. But there's also the possibility that it's just how the dates worked for each one.

I know how much they like Chatman and he makes a lot more sense at this time. Even if this guy is a CG I don't see how it makes a lot of sense. Especially as a priority...

At PG we'd have a year of Rags and two of DWill. At SG we'd still have Kyles and Murry as well as three more of Richardson and four of Evan. And Evan may be able to play PG as well.

I think it's obvious we need a big of some sort and a wing. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a JC big and a FR big and a FR wing to finish things out. Maybe a FR PG who'd be willing the RS.

I know the popular thing is to say I trust the coaches and we all do. But that doesn't mean we can't discuss different aspects of this. Maybe it's just me but I don't see why this guy would be a top priority at this time. I'd think a JC guard would only be someone they'd go after late if they didn't think they could get a younger player or something along those lines.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

A tweet from Matt P:

sportstalkmatt 2011 JUCO Tyrus McGee has committed to Iowa St according to a source. Creighton hosted him this weekend for an official
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                      X