Last Schollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Schollie

Just for fun, even though you probably haven't seen any of these guys play and everything you know is speculation and hearsay, who do you offer our last schollie to?

Betting we sign more than one guy. Perhaps even three.

Comment

I'll say two on that pinstripers.

Many of us have seen Carter on the net. Since he usually looks pretty darn good and has also been discussed more than the other two, he has to be the favorite in this poll.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Perhaps a new poll that includes Jay Harris is in order.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if we will have multiple guard openings.

Comment

I thought we had 2 schollies to give (Hannah and Coy).
            Edit - never mind, forgot about EO, if that's actually possible.

Comment

EO will take one, we are discussing the other. If there are more, it will be because some one unexpected leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                EO will take one, we are discussing the other. If there are more, it will be because some one unexpected leaves.
                Or maybe someone not so unexpected.

Comment

With everything else being equal, I'd take Carter over Cousin. An extra 5" can make a lot of difference. Plus Carter is a pretty good free throw shooter.

Comment

Just for my two cents, I do not think this year it is a good idea to speculate which of the current players might leave. Of the veterans most have contributed enough to deserve to stay next year and of the youngsters, none have performed so poorly as to warrant their ouster__which is in fact what it becomes. Just my humble one.

Comment

I would take carter or cousin or both but i voted for cousin because of the stated comments I just put on cousin.

Comment

I've been asked to place on this thread the schools that are interested in Carter, Smith and Cousin. A good idea since I'm sure not everyone wants to go to other threads to find the info.

The most recruited of the three is Tony Smith. He says he has 38 schools interested in him. He recently listed K-State, West Virignia, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Cincinnati, Texas A&M, Wichita State, Florida and USC as some of them. I didn't take it that they necessarily top his list. Some others are probably Idaho State, Gonzaga and Auburn.

A recent list given by Carter is Wichita State, Gonzaga (Mark Few recently was at one of his games), LSU, Texas A&M and Baylor. As you probably know, we appear to be in pretty good shape with him, but you never can tell.

Anthony Cousin's recruitment is less known. His juco coach says there are several schools involved but Bradley and Wichita State are working the hardest for him. Jim Les was at the recent Butler-Hutch game.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Coach Gross after tonight's game

"Kenny Manigault is more comfortable as a Wing than a Lead Guard right now. We don't have a 3rd PG."

With this info, what is the possibility of signing 2 PG's?

HCGM has said recently that he wants 3 PG's at all times, next year I see 1: Demetric Williams.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

We need two players that can shoot the three.

WSU looked really bad last night shooting from outside.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
                              We need two players that can shoot the three.

WSU looked really bad last night shooting from outside.
                              Tyler Richardson may help with that next year. I don't know how ready his game will be after his redshirt year, but watching him in shoot around, he can really shoot it and has huge range.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X