Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dillon Starzl

6'9" 210 PF. Kearney (MO) Class of '10 AAU: Spiece Mo-Kan

I've been told that WSU has been in contact with him and I'm looking for as much info as I can find.

His JR stats aren't bad at all. 19.6ppg 66% from the field. Only 58% from the line. 2.6bpg 11.4rpg

I see he's listed as a Scout 2* and I don't see him on Rivals.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I don't follow ESPNs ratings and what not but they give him an 81 and say "Starzl is a physically strong player with a wide shouldered frame that, unfortunately, lacks explosiveness. He uses his body well on finishes around the basket and has good fundamentals with the use of shot fakes around the basket. He needs to develop a low post move and greater comfort with his back to the basket. Dillon can knock down the elbow jump shot, but it doesn't make it look pretty. He will put his body on the line for this team by screening and blocking out. He must work on his offensive skills, running rim to rim and rebounding outside of his area."
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

This is my last post of updating info on him today. Word is he has made a visit here. From what I've read and heard he may need to toughen up to be effective in the post but if he has the right work ethic that could come. If he does come here it looks like he'd be an obvious RS. Our post depth is already pretty impressive and nobody graduates and Hamilton may RS this year and Ehimen should enter next year as well.

I've seen different reports that list him anywhere from 190 to 230. Apparently he's an OT on the football team.

I am glad to see we've been very active in the KC area though. There's a lot of talent up there.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

From a poster claiming to be Dillon's uncle on the MOsports board, he has offers from Drake, William Jewell, Northwest, Truman State and Rockhurst. Interest also from UMKC. Others posters seem to think he will soon commit to William Jewell.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
          From a poster claiming to be Dillon's uncle on the MOsports board, he has offers from Drake, William Jewell, Northwest, Truman State and Rockhurst. Interest also from UMKC. Others posters seem to think he will soon commit to William Jewell.
          I see that as the most likely scenario. Great kid (from what I hear) but a project for sure. Think a skinnier Ryan Bradley.

Comment

Working...
          X