Luke Mergerson to Texas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Mergerson to Texas State

The Shockers are recuiting this 6-7, 230lb center at Duncanville, TX. Has an offer from SMU. Interest from Notre Dame, Georgetown, Stanford and Alabama. TexpasHoops' 42 ranked player for 2011.
    In the fast lane

You can also add KSU, LSU, Michigan, Penn St., Pitt, Texas, aTm, W. Va. and Wisconsin as schools of interest.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Mergerson is now listed at 6'8. He can hit his jump shot to 18' or roll to the basket and finish with both hands.

Comment

He had a huge night Tuesday. 31 points, 20 rebounds. There hasn't been much recruiting news on him.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Think this guy is still on our radar, Trop?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax
            Think this guy is still on our radar, Trop?
            No.
            In the fast lane

Comment

To bad. Probably about the size of Durley coming out of HS and seems to be a hard worker.

Comment

The latest on him was a month or so ago. He has no more offers which leads me to believe there are concerns of some kind, perhaps qualifying. If I remember right Missouri State was looking with other mid-majors. I think the big name schools have dropped out. The article did say other schools (not named) are still involved so I guess there is a chance.

Besides that article influencing me he doesn't fit what the coach just said we are looking for. Of course best available player is always a possibility but I don't think it would be Mergerson.

found the article:

In the fast lane

Comment

Interesting note on Mergerson:

He's still unsigned and is now (per dfwhoops today) taking an official visit to Texas State.

As with Luke Johnson, there's no telling if we're still involved, but it's clear his stock has dropped to whatever extent a fall from Hoyas to Bobcats represents.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Commits to Texas State
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

How do you fall this far??

Comment

Working...
                      X