X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They lost in section finals and Jake scored 22 points

Comment

• ... and 20 boards.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• WOW! I like that stat!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• The question I have for next year in regard to Jake is can he replace what Gabe brought to the team? I understand they don't play the same style.

Gabe was primarily a low post player and didn't have much range. He was a high energy player and could rebound, both offensively and defensively. He was also solid on defense. He wasn't really considered a big scoring threat.

Jake appears to be a versitile scorer. He has a reasonable low post game, but unlike Gabe can venture out and make shots from the arc. He is not as athletic as Gabe, but appears to work with what he has to board like a machine. I think he averaged around 12 per game. The question mark here is can he consistently defend the 4?

Nothing against JT, but Hall will replace his contribution on the floor.

Comment

• Jake indeed impressed me with that many bounds. I just wonder if he will be able to step up into a rotation in a solid way as a Frosh? I certainly hope so because we are losing 2 starters and a key sub defender in Ellis at the 4 and 5 positions.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Jake will contribute. How much is the question... As a Frosh, he'll give us enough to help Stutz/Ehimen/Hall.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Stutz was a trooper in the OT period yesterday. Earlier in the game, a VT player was pushing him back, 20' from the basket. No foul was called so we can't have that. Then there was his interception pass 25' from the basket. Rags soon thereafter corrected that issue. However, 7 points in the OT was huge. Their stingy zone was preventing us from utilizing our bigs inside as much as we would have liked. However, JT fouls out and here come Mr. Stutz and we did not skip a beat.

Jake indeed should help as a Freshman. Coach Marshall still expresses his concerns for Stutz to keep improving on defense. I think Jake will be ahead of the curve with his offense and hopefully he will learn the D needed at this higher level. With our Coach, the D. becomes huge on minutes played per player. Look for Mr. Stutz to have his best Season as a Senior. I want him to get even tougher and meaner and play solid defense without fouling out. We will need him on the floor. Coach Marshall has expressed that EO (Twin Towers) is coming along nicely and will challenge Stutz the Clutch (Tulsa Game) for minutes played. Something tells me that we need to consider signing one more big for next Season.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                  Jake will contribute. How much is the question... As a Frosh, he'll give us enough to help Stutz/Ehimen/Hall.
                  The new million dollar question is… can he make a contested lay-up? :D
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU
                    Originally posted by SubGod22
                    Jake will contribute. How much is the question... As a Frosh, he'll give us enough to help Stutz/Ehimen/Hall.
                    Let's take it one step at a time.

Step 1 - Can he make an uncontested 1' jump shot?
                    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                      Originally posted by WstateU

He can and will to both questions. I don't feel the comparison to Blair is fair because they play different. I thought the previous comparison to Jake Koch (UNI) was a better comparison, except, I think, Jake White has more offense than Koch. He is a player with a nonstop motor and some height, and seems to have a good BB IQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio

He can and will to both questions. I don't feel the comparison to Blair is fair because they play different. I thought the previous comparison to Jake Koch (UNI) was a better comparison, except, I think, Jake White has more offense than Koch. He is a player with a nonstop motor and some height, and seems to have a good BB IQ.
                        Jake Koch runs on a 10 H.P. motor.

I don't hold him in very high regard at all.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

BB IQ :good: :good: :good:
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

But Jake Koch isn't a senior at Wichita State. It doens't matter that they have different games. They play the same position. My comparison was can Jake White, in essence, replace Blair. White brings much more offense to the table than Blair. He seems to have a nose for the ball when a shot goes up, as his 12 rebounds per game shows. Blair provides great flexibility on defense, which will be the big question for White.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio

I could be wrong, but comparisons in the past have referred to ADAM Koch, not little brother Jake.

Needless to say Adam's motor runs at a little more vigorous pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu

I could be wrong, but comparisons in the past have referred to ADAM Koch, not little brother Jake.

Needless to say Adam's motor runs at a little more vigorous pace.
                                Jake was a legacy recruit, just like the 54 Korvers that came after Kyle.

Comment

Working...
                                X