Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wushock
    Jake hit 20 points in their win last night
    He's slipping. Someone held him to 14 points under his average.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• In Jake's last four games he's scored 24, 22, 9 and 26. The last two games were losses. His team is currently 7-3 and his scoring average is 27.2.

Teammate Ross Travis has his average up to 17.6 after games of 28, 8, 27, 29 and 13 points.

Comment

• Chaska's back on the hardwood after winter break.

Jake had a game-high 26 points and 9 boards in a 59-55 loss to Cedar Rapids (IA) Washington, which features Iowa recruit Josh Oglesby (20 pts) and WSU target Wesely Washpun (23 pts)

Chaska was down 15 at halftime before making it a game.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Jake's game of Jan 14

Got to watch Jake White play tonight.

By my count, he had 33 points and 16 rebound. He was 12 - 19 from the field including 1 - 3 from 3 poing range. He was 8 - 8 from the line. He totally dominated the inside although admittedly the opposing New Prague team had nobody his size to compete with him. Nobody over about 6'4".

I was very impressed with his mid range game as he hit a number of 15 - 18 foot jumpers. inside, he scored with both hands and made moves to both his left and right. He seemed to be in rebounding position routinely and I noticed the the 1st thing he did much of the time when a shot went up was to find an opponent to block out.

Very impressive was that his 8 free throws were all nothing but net. Not one even brushed the rim.

He also seemed to be pretty willing to be vocal on the floor.

He seemed to hold his own on defense, although with the constant zone they played, I cannot say how that will relate to playing man against MVC competition.

I know some fans talk of him possibly playing the 3. He did nothing in this game to make me see him as a 3. True, it looks like he can shoot the 3 and mid range and he made a couple good drives to the hole, but I didn't see him dribble in traffic any and don't know that he would have the quickness to handle many of the quicker 3 men in the league.

I certainly do believe Jake will have a good career with the Shockers.

Don't expect him to step right in and take over. He'll need to learn a lot of defense, but he seems to have a good mind and I believe he'll be helpful off the bench next year and a very solid player by the end of his career.

Comment

• Thanks 150946. Hope you have another chance to see him. He'll get plenty of time learning to defend early as a Shocker as I'm sure Hall will try to abuse him often in practice.

Durley has been pretty successful as a 5. I'm hoping Jake will be versatile enough to play both the 4 and 5 during his career if need be. Depending on Hamilton's progress and how he compares, both will be called on to play 8-15 minutes combined.

How did he run the floor? Can you make any comparison of his athleticism to Durley or Blair?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk
              Thanks 150946. Hope you have another chance to see him. He'll get plenty of time learning to defend early as a Shocker as I'm sure Hall will try to abuse him often in practice.

Durley has been pretty successful as a 5. I'm hoping Jake will be versatile enough to play both the 4 and 5 during his career if need be. Depending on Hamilton's progress and how he compares, both will be called on to play 8-15 minutes combined.

How did he run the floor? Can you make any comparison of his athleticism to Durley or Blair?
              He certainly made it down the floor to take passes and score in transition at times. Not really fast, but alert and hustled. Finished well. He certainly ran the floor as well if not better than JT. He made moves around the basket somewhat similar to JT as well. About the same height as JT, but not as heavy. He has the body to put on some more weight though and will certainly bulk up when he gets here.

Comment

• One thing more positive on Jake. He showed great hands in the game Friday night. Many lob passes inside as well as hard, tough to handle passes, and I don't recall him ever bobbling a pass.

Now, I'm trying to decide if we should consider another trip when the Shox go to UNI. Jake's Chaska will play the same New Prague team they demolished Friday, only a home this time. To drive up Thursday, spend the night, give the wife a chance to shop the Mall of America and visit a brewery, hit the game at Chaska, spend another night then run back to Cedar Falls for the Saturday night game. Of course, there should be another brewery in Cedar Falls.

Hum. Something to think about.

In the meantime, we need to start seeing some City League games.

Comment

• Originally posted by 150946shox
                  One thing more positive on Jake. He showed great hands in the game Friday night. Many lob passes inside as well as hard, tough to handle passes, and I don't recall him ever bobbling a pass.

Now, I'm trying to decide if we should consider another trip when the Shox go to UNI. Jake's Chaska will play the same New Prague team they demolished Friday, only a home this time. To drive up Thursday, spend the night, give the wife a chance to shop the Mall of America and visit a brewery, hit the game at Chaska, spend another night then run back to Cedar Falls for the Saturday night game. Of course, there should be another brewery in Cedar Falls.

Hum. Something to think about.

In the meantime, we need to start seeing some City League games.
                  :good: :good:

I like your scouting method!

Comment

• A week ago Evan Wessel was listed as WSU's top recruit on CBS. Today, that has changed.

In addition, a link to the max preps page on Jake.

Averaging 30.7 ppg and 12.7 rebounds.
                    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth007
                      A week ago Evan Wessel was listed as WSU's top recruit on CBS. Today, that has changed.

In addition, a link to the max preps page on Jake.

Averaging 30.7 ppg and 12.7 rebounds.
                      Actually, those stats were only through Dec 23. At the moment, after the Friday game against New Prague, Jake is averaging 27.7 ppg. He had a couple lower scoring games after Dec 23 including one in which he scored only 9. His average was at 27.2 before Friday's game.

I don't know about his current rebound average, but I certainly counted 16 Friday.

Comment

• Good article on Jake:

In the fast lane

Comment

• An interesting article Trop. I especially enjoyed the following quote.

"Right now, I'm just trying to enjoy my senior season," he said. "Then, in the offseason, I need to put on a few more pounds of muscle and, of course, keep working on my shot."

Thanks
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• "He's the guy that does the extra work. He wants to be the best, and I think that's the kind of thing about him that makes him who he is."

That person is the kind of dynamic player capable of scoring in bunches – including a 48-point performance in a 75-69 victory over Apple Valley last month. He's a player who is a threat all over the court, and averages a double-double every night (with 13 rebounds). He's a leader who audibly directs and guides his team from every part of the floor.
                            Can you say young Larry Bird! :goshocks: 8)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Jake scored 17 points last night

Comment

• :D :yahoo:
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X