Jake White a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to ye intrepid travelers ...

Add a mere 4 hours to your drive to Cedar Rapids or Des Moines the days before the Drake and UNI Road games, and you can see Jake play on Friday night.

Jan 14 -- Chaska @ New Prague (southwestern suburb of Minneapolis)
    Feb. 11 -- New Prague at Chaska (also a southwestern suburb of Minneapolis)

Full schedule: http://mshsl.org/mshsl/schedule.asp?...02&schoolid=86
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
      Feeling pretty strongly that this kid is going to be a Shocker 8)
      Wow can't believe I called that 8) :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
        The first 2 minutes of this video shows more versatility. Shooting from the corner, end to end rebound-dribble-drive using both hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxoZR...eature=related
        I would not mind seeing some tape on Jake's teammate, #43.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Originally posted by SubGod22
          I'm not sure where we made out Minnesota connections ........

Ask RDR, I bet he knows.
          Not a clue, but it is an interesting question.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
            Originally posted by ShockTalk
            The first 2 minutes of this video shows more versatility. Shooting from the corner, end to end rebound-dribble-drive using both hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxoZR...eature=related
            I would not mind seeing some tape on Jake's teammate, #43.
            I believe that's Ross Travis, verbal to Penn St.

Comment

Jake's touch from the corner reminded me of Dave Leach and Jaimie Thompson!!!!!!! Would he be a 3 and 4 at WSU?
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I am real happy about this, I wanted him to be a Shocker bad. He has a high basketball IQ, and can do a little of everything. I see him as a 3, but probably could play the 4 too.

The way he moves on the court reminds me of Larry Bird, for some reason.

He looks to be a 'difference maker' to me.

Comment

Rival articles are calling him a face up four. He'll be looking for playing time at that position next year.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Has anyone heard whether he has reached the limit of this growth, or is he still going? The reason I'm asking is that I have seen him listed as 6' 7" and as 6 ' 8".

Comment

Doesn't look like he can defend at the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                        Doesn't look like he can defend at the 3.
                        Very good point.

I'm thinking four.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Yeah if he was a quicker defender he would be even higher rated and more sought after by the big schools. One of the reasons I am glad he commited to us and didn't wait until spring.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

An incidental Valley connection with Jake White ...

In this Q&A with Jake's Penn State-bound teammate Ross Travis, Travis says that he and Jake are getting additional skills coaching from former SIU and Minnesota Timberwolves player Chris Carr.

Carr is the founder of 43 Hoops Basketball Academy, which is "dedicated to helping middle and high school age men and women achieve their true potential in life through athletics."

Travis and White both played for 43 Hoops in AAU ball.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Sounds like like a really good pick-up for the Shockers.

Comment

It sounds like we have all 3 committments now Official. Su-weet!!!
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X