Clear All

• Scout's new top 100

Scout also adjusted their top 100 and here's how the Shocker recruits did:

Kendrick: #18
    Cobbins: # 56
    Releford: #72
    R.J. Slawson: #90
    In the fast lane

At least WSU is on the list of a some of the top 100 players.

Comment

Ok, I'll go out on the limb and predict that this is the year GM snags a top 100 recruit.

Anyone else with me?

Comment

I wish I could be but I'm not. I don't have a good sense yet on the recruitment of Cobb and Scott. So we can hope. I think Cobbins was recently still giving us some consideration. His stock has jumped after that time, so we will see. I'm very doubtful on everybody else we have listed in the combined top 100.

We don't really have scholarships to give this year so that doesn't help. I'm hoping 2011 is the year. But, most of the top 100 guys already have pretty good lists going and we are only on one of them. I'm hoping we will pop up on a few more during the two July evaluation periods.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
          I wish I could be but I'm not. I don't have a good sense yet on the recruitment of Cobb and Scott. So we can hope. I think Cobbins was recently still giving us some consideration. His stock has jumped after that time, so we will see. I'm very doubtful on everybody else we have listed in the combined top 100.

We don't really have scholarships to give this year so that doesn't help. I'm hoping 2011 is the year. But, most of the top 100 guys already have pretty good lists going and we are only on one of them. I'm hoping we will pop up on a few more during the two July evaluation periods.
          Trop, you are a genius on this stuff.

Thanks.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox

Recent info on Cobbins and Releford still have Wichita State listed. Issue is that we, at this point, only have 1 scholarship, and it's no secret that it is spoken for.

Trying to get any recruits, but especially top recruits, interested in a school that may or may not have a spot for them is especially hard.

Comment

The promising thing is we've been in on them and not brushed aside. Also, I believe there are 3 recruits for 2011 that are currently rated as 4 or 5 stars according to Rivals. Showing up on lists and being talked about by top recruits never hurts. And we're bound to land one eventually.

But unless there's a midseason defection that frees up a spot it would be tough to get one of the guys we're talking about for 2010.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I suppose it is possible that a player or two might not work out this coming year, or maybe they won't be happy with the amount of playing time they are getting and leave the program, but I hope that isn't the case, but still is a possibility.

In that case, it would be to our advantage to stay up on recruiting for the 2010/2011 season, even if we already know Orukpe will get the open schollie we should have.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  I suppose it is possible that a player or two might not work out this coming year, or maybe they won't be happy with the amount of playing time they are getting and leave the program, but I hope that isn't the case, but still is a possibility.

In that case, it would be to our advantage to stay up on recruiting for the 2010/2011 season, even if we already know Orukpe will get the open schollie we should have.
                  That's why the coaches never stop recruiting. Inevitably, someone will leave. It happens and it happens to most programs. Even the "Big Time" ones. If Coach can get in on one of these kids, he's gotta take it. He's smart enough to figure out what to do if that happens.

Comment

Working...
                  X