2009 Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Class

I was just looking at espn's site and we have quite a class coming in. I just can't believe the improvement in recruiting that we've seen over the past two seasons.

If we wind up with EO or NJ on top of what we have look out. I'm always overly optimistic but I say lookout even if we don't. You've got to love this group of youngsters!

I will reserve my praise until we actually see them play d-1 ball.

Comment

This indeed on paper appears to be a solid recruiting class. For those of you that read Scout--etc.,--how do they rank this Class with other Mo-Valley schools?
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
        This indeed on paper appears to be a solid recruiting class. For those of you that read Scout--etc.,--how do they rank this Class with other Mo-Valley schools?
        Who cares? (WSU fans don't seem to respect these "services" (Scout, Rivals) and I think they have good reason for this opinion.)
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Obviously, I care or I would not have asked. This appears to be a solid recruiting class and it could indeed interest some on here what these publications have concluded. ESPN's site does give a list of each Valley School and their signed players. However, I could not find which Valley teams were ranked the highest overall thusfar.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

At one time, one of the two major services (Scout or Rivals, can't remember which) ranked Manigault as the top recruit in the Valley.

I believe, however, that a Bluejay recruit took over that spot.

As far as class ranks, however, I haven't heard or read anything.

As for the merits of such rankings, I believe it's just good material for discussion. You can go to this Rivals page for free and look at the top recruiting classes in the nation over the last few years and see which ones panned out and which ones didn't.

While it's obvious that these rankings aren't infallible predictors of future performance (and no one claims them to be), an easy argument could be made that a higher ranked recruiting class stands a better chance of success on the court than a lower ranked class, just like a higher ranked player stands a better chance of being a stud than a lower ranked one.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Better have at least a 4* recruit to have a good ranking by Scout or Rivals. I haven't looked at the various rankings but I think I saw something about Illinois State getting a mention by somebody.
              In the fast lane

Comment

I haven't seen any rankings but I'm thrilled with what we're bringing in. More guys that can handle the ball. A couple of guys who can shoot from outside. A couple can attack the paint and create. A few can play above the rim. It's looking good. I can't wait to see them in action
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                X