Who is the latest walk-on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the latest walk-on?

I heard Wes Race mention a kids name on The Game Plan this morning and said he had accepted a walk-on spot with WSU. I don't recall the name but, after searching the recruiting names, think it might be Bryce Mayes from Oxford...anyone else hear that?

The kid will be playing in the KS v NE border battle at the Hartman Arena.

Bryce is the only new walk-on I've heard of recently.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I believe we will see a large turnover of walkons next year.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        I believe we will see a large turnover of walkons next year.
        How many walk-ons can you have? I thought our limit was 15 players, 13 on scholarships.

Comment

I do not think there is a limit but there is a limit as to how many can dress.

We had 3 this last season that just finished. I suspect only 1 will return.

Comment

If you have more than 15 players someone will be in street clothes every game. I remember that being an issue with KU a number of years ago and the walk-ons rotated who sat out. At least until Graves got in trouble and was put in street clothes.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

We had 3 this last season that just finished. I suspect only 1 will return.
              If I get to choose only one it would be Reggie. But him being out of state I wonder...
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I believe Felter will be back for sure and Michaels will be back I think if he is healthy. Britton might leave account being from Plano.

Comment

Why would you chose Reggie?

Comment

Because as far as the walk-ons go I think Reggie brings the most to the table.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Does he barbeque? Does he have a CDL for the bus? Why Reggie?

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                        I believe Felter will be back for sure and Michaels will be back I think if he is healthy. Britton might leave account being from Plano.
                        My guess would be Felter (Redshirted and father played here) and/or Steven (from Wichita and brother played here). Britton might want to be closer to home (as well as maybe wanting a chance to play) and Michael's concussion problems could make him reconsider playing.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                          Does he barbeque? Does he have a CDL for the bus? Why Reggie?
                          Which walk-on brings more than Reggie? I know him being from TX probably means he'll head home since he's paying to be here. But if given the choice I'd take him over Steven, Michael and Felter in a heartbeat!

He's simply a better overall player and athlete than the others and makes for a better practice player and someone I'd trust if for some reason we were cursed with injuries at the guard position.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If I had to speculate, Mason Felter will stay on. I doubt that Steven and Michaels will continue in the program. Hard to tell on Britton. We really never got much of a chance to see him play in game situations other than garbage time. Having to pay your own way, when you could get your education paid for at a lower level, is not a good situation.

Appears like Bryce Mayes will probably be an invited walk-on for next year. He most likely can qualify for some academic money to offset some of the tuition costs.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeShox
                              Originally posted by wushock
                              My guess would be Felter (Redshirted and father played here) and/or Steven (from Wichita and brother played here). Britton might want to be closer to home (as well as maybe wanting a chance to play) and Michael's concussion problems could make him reconsider playing.

I forgot about BS....4 walk ons this year. I sure hope Reggie returns, he is a great kid but I cannot begrudge him for taking the opportunity to have someone else pay for his college. He deserves it.

I would expect Steven and Felter to return. I don't want to see our warrior from Sunrise hurt again with the concussion. That just bothers me for some reason a little more than other things.

Comment

Working...
                              X