Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6A State Basketball Tourney

Hey,

I'm going to head down to Emporia this afternoon for the first round of the state high school playoffs.

Anybody to keep an eye on?

Teams include:

Wichita Heights vs. Dodge City
    SM Northwest vs. Goddard
    Olathe East vs. SM East
    Wichita Southeast vs. Olathe South

For Heights:

- Perry Ellis of course
    - A more realistic get for the Shox is Evan Wessel. He is a Sophomore who could be a nice little D-1 player in a few years. His Grandpa, Ev, played for the Shox. He is a 6'3" pg who had 9 points and 11 rebounds against Dodge yesterday. I think he is worth keeping an eye on.

Comment

Wessel is the only other name I recall hearing at Heights but I believe they have a few more young people who could develop. It seems like SE may have a player or two but I don't recall. I'm not up to speed on my City League.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Has anybody heard anything about Bruce Reed from Olathe East? He is a senior, 6'6" and can jump out of the gym. He is a little undersized for a D1 post, but wondered where he is planning on playing his college ball. He was a dunking machine last night until Shawnee Mission East starting playing SIU ugly ball. It worked though, they came back and won.

Comment

If he's a post with not much of a perimeter game then he'll probably go JUCO to try and develop into more of a SF type. I haven't seen any kind of recruiting info on the kid so I really have no idea.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I sat behind Coach Gross and Danny Manning. Wonder who they were there to see?

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
              Let me guess... the Heights Cheerleaders? :D
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                Originally posted by vbird53
                Let me guess... the Heights Cheerleaders? :D
                Was Lon Krueger there too?

Comment

Larry Brown?

Comment

SM Northwest has an emerging D-I prospect in junior Steve Carver. At 6-8 he is projected to be a face up PF with a sweet jumper.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

I forgot he was there. I remember there being a little bit of discussion on him a while back on here. Not a lot of info as far as Rivals goes but it sounds like he's coming around.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Wichita Heights wins the 6A title against Wichita Southeast 73-58.

It would have been nice if that was on TV. KSCW channel 5 broadcasted the 5A boys championship game between Bishop Miege and Highland Park won by Highland Park 54-52 on a last second shot.

Comment

Shawnee Mission Northwest did everything right against the well-known freshman from Wichita Heights, Perry Ellis.

Everything any other team would do to stop the 6-foot-8 kid with a curiously thick goatee and a mature game to match. When Ellis is not taking weekend trips to places like Chapel Hill, N.C., in the middle of the season, he’s dropping 19 points and 11 rebounds a game. And at his first varsity game sat Kansas coach Bill Self, after his Jayhawks had won at home earlier that day.

Needless to say, Ellis has a following. That’s especially true on the court, where he attracts an extra defender — or two — to his every pivot. SM Northwest became the latest to join that crowd and actually succeeded in containing Ellis. But what can you do when everything you try works — and it’s still not good enough?
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

What does the writer mean, "curiously thick goatee"?

Comment

Sounds like my great-aunt Irene............

Comment

Working...
                              X