No announcement yet.

Bobby Maze - Signed with Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PG -- Maze (starts year over Hannah due to previous D1 experience) - Floor general that creates plays for himself and others with quickness and toughness
    Don't sell Hannah short(no pun intended). This kid is a playa. :good:
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
      If we land Maze to go along with Hannah, the young guys (Kyles and Murray) would have time to develop.

Imagine the different type of team we would have:

PG -- Maze (starts year over Hannah due to previous D1 experience) - Floor general that creates plays for himself and others with quickness and toughness

SG -- Hawkings - Slasher who can make his own shot, knock down the outside shot, and everything in between

SF -- Gris - Game comes around to D1 level. Knocks down 3's and then drives past them to the basket using his explosiveness and athleticism.

PF -- Durley - Inside game is there, 3 point shooting is still being developed. Defensive intensity and skills will continue to develop.

C -- Clemente - Tough force inside and on boards. Will become a man among men his senior year as he single mouthedly gets into opponents heads!!

2nd Wave:

PG -- Hannah - Calming presence in relief, scores when we need it, but works efficiently to get the young bigs involved.

SG -- Murray - 3's fallin, rock passing tough player that causes defenses to expand to him.

SF -- Ellis - Continues to toughen and bulk up. Shot is there, defense is almost there. Confidence to take ball to the rack will develop during year and be strong presence spreading the offense next year.

PF -- Stutz - Will bulk up and toughen up his Frosh year. Will flourish on guards unselfishness upon driving the paint and drawing defense. Latter part of year will include stepping out and making shots as well as opening up paint for others to drive and make.

C -- Orupke - Until Coach says he will not be here, I assume he will. Will adjust to game his Frosh year and Clemente will help him toughen up in a hurry. Will become a defense force inside by end of frosh year and by end Soph year will bulk and toughen up to be able to compete on level field with any C in the country!
      Wow, pretty amazing if it all comes to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        If EO arrives in time to practice with the team this year, I could see him being the starting center, with Durly and Clemente battling for the starting PF spot.

Otherwise I think Durley is starting C, with Clemente at PF.
        Royal – I do not like Durley starting at the 5. He is definitely a 4 and possible (though very unlikely) 3. But there are not a lot of options so you are probably correct. I guess I am just tired of WSU players playing out of position. EO and Stutz's development next year is key.

I am really beginning to like the kids Marshall has signed for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerKhan
          Don't sell Hannah short(no pun intended). This kid is a playa. :good:
          I included "starts year", I also think Hannah is a player, and wouldn't be suprised to see Maze and him on court alot together. Again, it is speculation based on him signing, but also know we would be in great hands if he doesn't. I still think Marshall will sign another PG, either Beckham or Maze. Hannah would of course start over Beckham.

If EO arrives in time to practice with the team this year, I could see him being the starting center, with Durly and Clemente battling for the starting PF spot.

Otherwise I think Durley is starting C, with Clemente at PF.
          I listed Durley at PF due to his ability to step outside. Clemente is more an inside banger. I agree that either EO or GS would start as soon as they are ready and JTD and RC would rotate and battle at PF.

Comment

Everyone keeps mentioning more signings, even though we are already 1 over for next year right now. I believe Kyles was the one that put us over, and so far, I am not that impressed with his stats, and now everyone is talking about Maze.

Question: If Maze wasn't good enough to play for OU, why would we think he is a sleeper for us? You can only play so many players, and the rest ride the pine.

Comment

I don't think that it was he wasnt good enough. He averaged over 18 mpg as a FR, 5.6 ppg, 2.1 apg, and 1.4 t/o. He played alot of minutes, especially late in season.

I think he would definitely be a solid player for any MVC team, and I hope we get him.

He is averaging over 20 points and 7 apg. Only thing really alarming is his T/O's.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                Everyone keeps mentioning more signings, even though we are already 1 over for next year right now. I believe Kyles was the one that put us over, and so far, I am not that impressed with his stats, and now everyone is talking about Maze.

Question: If Maze wasn't good enough to play for OU, why would we think he is a sleeper for us? You can only play so many players, and the rest ride the pine.
                Snapshot9, I don't think it had anything to do with him not being "good enough to play at OU"... I understand there's more to the story. If he signs with us, get ready for the return of corn rows... provided Marshall approves this type of hair statement. I have been told that he looks like IA... probably in looks only. Maze is a player and so is Kyles... regardless of stats.
                :good:
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College guard Bobby Maze accepted a scholarship offer tonight from Maryland coach Gary Williams, Maze told TurtleSportsReport.com...
                  The definitive source for all Maryland news.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

I'd guess that Maze was a Sampson recruit at OU, and maybe he just didn't like playing for Capel?
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                      Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College guard Bobby Maze accepted a scholarship offer tonight from Maryland coach Gary Williams, Maze told TurtleSportsReport.com...
                      http://maryland.rivals.com/

This is just a verbal. He doesn't have to go to Maryland.
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929

But more often than not, they keep their word
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Maze

Maze seems to be a good, useful player, and judging from some of the Winthrop hairstyles when he was there, it seems unlikely that Marshall would worry about his do -- and why would anyone think he might, by the way?

Still, it's hard to imagine that even if WSU could somehow amuse us all by stealing him from Gary Williams they'd have any interest in doing so with hannah already in the fold for next year. If the Shocks are going to add another point guard, surely he'd be a high schooler. Why would anyone want two juco juniors and no freshmen at that spot (and why would a second juco junior be interested anyway?

If Marshall is interested in Hutch, it has to be because of someone other than Mazre.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                            Originally posted by BA2929

But more often than not, they keep their word

This is true, but I'm sure he wants to play early, and he may not get that chance at Maryland. He'd get it at WSU.
                            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

There's really only one player at Hutch I could see Marshall being interested in for next year:

6'9" Soph. Ken Bowman (16.7 ppg, 9.5 rpg)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                                There's really only one player at Hutch I could see Marshall being interested in for next year:

6'9" Soph. Ken Bowman (16.7 ppg, 9.5 rpg)
                                I tend to agree with you Royal, except I think CGM would be even more
                                enthused with a 6'9" Power forward out of High School, and an Academy.

In fact, I researched this some, but most are now 6'6" to 6'8", so some might not grow a little taller, and might not be considered a power forward in the D-1 ranks. ALL the top rated Power forwards have already committed.

Comment

Working...
                                X