No announcement yet.

09-10 Roster and Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blair and Ellis will get ALL the minutes at the 4.

Comment

I am confident that Coy will play the three and Hatch has me convinced that he can adequately back up the three, probably even better than he can play the two.

Comment

What he said, plus the fact that coach likes to start Stutz and bring Durley in off the bench, I think Stutz will continue to start. I look for Stutz to be quite a bit better next season.

Durley adds offense to the 2nd line, and think he is better suited to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
          I am confident that Coy will play the three and Hatch has me convinced that he can adequately back up the three, probably even better than he can play the two.
          I agree. I think AJ starts next year with Hatch is the main backup as SF. Coy probably can't play until December of 2010; at that point, I think he also gets some minutes at SF. For the 2010-2011, Coy might be starting (depending on how he does).

Originally posted by Snapshot9
          What he said, plus the fact that coach likes to start Stutz and bring Durley in off the bench, I think Stutz will continue to start. I look for Stutz to be quite a bit better next season.

Durley adds offense to the 2nd line, and think he is better suited to do so.
          By starting, Stutz is getting some game experience. This can only help us in the future.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

By starting, I also think Marshall wants to see whether Stutz is going to compete or struggle. The earlier he finds out, the more time we have to recover.

If I were Durley in this situation, I'd look at my role off the bench as a vote of confidence from Marshall.

Comment

Coy

Dec 2010 for Coy? Must be a typo. His appeal for a hardship case due to his father's health must surely be a good one makilng it more likely he can start play at the start of fall semester, 2009.

Comment

I hope you're right. I thought the hardship idea was playing baseball this spring and basketball in December. Basketball in September would be great.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

More on Coy

I watched a TV game last weekend between 2 top 20 type BCS schools. One of them had a player who had transferred and got quick elibigility from the NCAA due to a hardship case. I don't remember the background, but it reminded me of Johnny Coy's situation & it seemed to me that if that guy could get it, it should be an easy case for the NCAA to decide in the affirmative for him.

Comment

Actually, I think the date you're looking for in regards to Coy is November, 2009. If he gets the waiver, he'll be able to play our first game of the 09-10 season, presumably in November.

Comment

How many problems did the lineup of

Murry
                      Kyles
                      Hawkins
                      Ellis
                      Durley

cause last night? There is some talent in that 5. 2 freshman, 2 sophmores and 1 junior.

Comment

It was probably Tyler Smith? from Tennessee.

Comment

I think Hawkins is on his way of becoming a stud. It may take Blair a while also to get back, but by end of next year I say we will have a solid shot at winning the tourney. We have a shot this year, but next year, with more pieces aligned, and another off season to develop some chemistry, watch out!!

I love how Coach continually points out who each is friends with. It allows you to piece some of the chemistry together in your head.

Comment

Working...
                          X