We need a catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a catalyst

I wish we had a spark plug on the team like Matt used to be. He played with energy, enthusiasm and toughness that had a tendency of igniting other players.

For his size he was a pit bull and was extremely aggressive and didn't pull punches. That how I remember him anyway.

I wish that we had a player or two that would show that kind of aggression and determination game in and game out.

I think we have a lot of talent but they don't often impose their will on the opposition.

A guy like Tebow?

Comment

Back when I was ranching, I used to make a cattle list quite regularly.

Comment

In addition to the determination, Matt also had great speed and could beat most of our current players down the court while still dribbling the ball.

Comment

Sometimes i just crack up at the love some of you have for Matt B.

He was a good player........nothing great though

Comment

Shogren
            Bruton
            Brauer

who else?
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

Carney
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
                Sometimes i just crack up at the love some of you have for Matt B.

He was a good player........nothing great though
                How dare you Ta town :D

Comment

Matt was not an All League player but it is a fact that Matt was fast and he put a lot of pressure on the defense to get back. We have no one who can single handedly put the defense on their heels in the same fashion. He shot a lot of foul shots, and often opened up easy shots on the secondary break. When he was hurt last year, our year tailspinned.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                    A guy like Tebow?
                    he has god on his side

Comment

Matt did have his great moments though. Draining the 3 and 4 point plays here versus Creighton the Sweet 16 year. He was faster than a june bug catching and pestering the Syracuse player at the Dome who missed the break-away layup to enable us to pull out the win afterall. I loved watching MB pass PJ on that very play to catch the Tennessee player that MB had passed the lazy intercepted pass to. Then MB's break away layups passing opponets on the dead run while he was dribbling the ball.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                      X