Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raphael Akpejiori-6-9, 225 lb power forward.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck to Rafa at the U.

Comment

Last I heard he was leaning heavily towards WSU...wonder what changed his mind...Big conference? Hot women? Warm weather? Beaches? Football? Money in his pocket?

Comment

It's possible we were waiting to offer based on our current core of bigs (6 on scholarship next year) or we told him that a redshirt year was expected. On the other hand, why not Miami?
        Livin the dream

Comment

It was higher probability of freshman playing time, higher profile conference and warmer weather, you know how those Nigerians are.

Comment

Losing him still hurts!

Comment

Raphael's other finalist were South Florida, Central Florida, Colombia and Texas A&M.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                Raphael's other finalist were South Florida, Central Florida, Colombia and Texas A&M.

That's not correct, it came down to Miami or Wichita State and Columbia was never in the running. The Shocks made it to the final round.

Comment

The teams I listed as the finalist were from a Scout article.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker

That's not correct, it came down to Miami or Wichita State and Columbia was never in the running. The Shocks made it to the final round.
                    Good to know, thanks for the inside info.

I didn't think we needed another forward in this class, but Raphael was probably the best player available. Quality big men are hard to find, but I would guess the last scholarship goes to a true PG or SF.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

My son goes to Sunrise (Junior High) and he saw Akpejiori many times.

Comment

Raph is doing well at Miami and just scrimmaged with LeBron and the Heat. His Sunrise teammate Leon Cooper is at Utah State.

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker

Raphael Akpejiori 2010 Basketball Recruiting Conversations - ESPN
                          Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

That's the finals for Akpejiori

Comment

My son and I saw him play vs South Haven and he got 25 to 30 pts in the 1st half and they had so much of a lead by half, he didn't play the entire 2nd half. They won by 35 to 40. SCA! SCA! SCA! I now root for KU, WSU, and now Miami cause Raphael.

Comment

Yeah, I remember my first beer.

Comment

Working...
                              X