Johnny Coy -- Current Shocker!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Coy -- Current Shocker!!!

According to his brother, the decision will be made by Jan. 10. Should we start a countdown for that day?

We definitely need more depth at that position. He would be a great addition to our team(s).

It would be nice to have an objective recap of his strengths and weaknesses if anyone cares to do this. We often overpraise recruits and then are overly critical if they are not perfect when playing for the Shocks. Does anyone have a realistic evaluation of Coy?

Movement/mobility?
    Leaping ability?
    Passing ability?
    Vision?
    Basketball IQ?
    "Quickness"+IQ? (e.g. Does he react quickly or hold the ball for 2 or 3 seconds before passing or driving (like our current team does)?)

Peremeter defense?
    Interior defense?
    Blocking ability?

Outside shooting?
    Midrange shooting?
    Shooting near the basket?
    "Hands"? (e.g. stone hands or "good" hands, can he hold onto a pass?)
    ETC.

PS If anybody (including his brother) says he is good/great in all these areas, I'll disregard the post; Michael Jordan was not good/great in all these areas as an incoming college student.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      It would be nice to have an objective recap of his strengths and weaknesses if anyone cares to do this. We often overpraise recruits and then are overly critical if they are not perfect when playing for the Shocks. Does anyone have a realistic evaluation of Coy?

Movement/mobility?
      Leaping ability?
      Passing ability?
      Vision?
      Basketball IQ?
      "Quickness"+IQ? (e.g. Does he react quickly or hold the ball for 2 or 3 seconds before passing or driving (like our current team does)?)

Peremeter defense?
      Interior defense?
      Blocking ability?

Outside shooting?
      Midrange shooting?
      Shooting near the basket?
      "Hands"? (e.g. stone hands or "good" hands, can he hold onto a pass?)
      ETC.

PS If anybody (including his brother) says he is good/great in all these areas, I'll disregard the post; Michael Jordan was not good/great in all these areas as an incoming college student.
      PPG/RPG in high school?

Comment

I can see Coy possibly having as big an impact or bigger as Kyle Wilson. Look like comparable guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse
          I can see Coy possibly having as big an impact or bigger as Kyle Wilson. Look like comparable guys.
          Kyle was a 4, Coy is a 3.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
            I think it's a legitimate comparison. Both are about the same height and both have similar skill sets - from what I've seen of Coy, which is highlights.

If WSU had a 6'8"+ 4 player when Wilson was here, I think Wilson may have seen some minutes at 3. He had the skill set to play that position. When Wilson played with Howard, Howard took on more of the role of a 4 and Wilson took on more of the role of a 3.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
              Originally posted by shocks02
              I think it's a legitimate comparison. Both are about the same height and both have similar skill sets - from what I've seen of Coy, which is highlights.

If WSU had a 6'8"+ 4 player when Wilson was here, I think Wilson may have seen some minutes at 3. He had the skill set to play that position. When Wilson played with Howard, Howard took on more of the role of a 4 and Wilson took on more of the role of a 3.
              I thought Wilson developed some good "4 skills" by the time he was a senior. His moves near the basket and his ability to put the ball in the hole around a defender improved as time went on.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Kyle wasn't as athletic as Johnny is.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sub how do you know whom the most athletic was. Have you seen Johnny play. I dont know how some of you guys make statements without seeing someone play

Comment

I've heard from those who have and I trust what they say.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                      Sub how do you know whom the most athletic was. Have you seen Johnny play. I dont know how some of you guys make statements without seeing someone play
                      Watch the Alley-Oops
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Stupid arguement. Everyone knows Wilson wasn't the most athletic player - that wasn't his game. But the guy had high BBIQ, could shoot and was physical.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                          Stupid arguement. Everyone knows Wilson wasn't the most athletic player - that wasn't his game. But the guy had high BBIQ, could shoot and was physical.
                          :good:
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I realize the video was when he was in high school and his skill set and athleticism was higher than most all he played against, but Wow. He was doing most everything -- steals, dribbling, dunking, shooting from all over the court with a fairly quick release. Definitely not a one dimensional player. Come on Johnny -- can't you hear the 10,000+ fans at Koch cheering you on!!

Comment

We play Drake on the 11th (ESPNU). This kid is suppose to announce on the 10th...... Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X