Comment

• Typical All-Star game...no defense.

Comment

• No sound. Is it me or them?
        In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
          No sound. Is it me or them?
          Does it matter? Consider yourself lucky.

Nice take by Perry for his first points.

Comment

• Definitely have to mute the sound - the rapper/announcer background noise is way over the top annoying.

Comment

• I think Perry played about 10 minutes tonight. He looked very disinterested. That game was beyond selfishness for an All-Star game. I will never get that 2 hours back.

Comment

• I probably watched about 5 minutes. I only saw Perry touch the ball once or twice during that time because everyone wanted to play one-on-one.

I guess he touched the ball when he took it out of bounce after the opposing team dunked it because no one wanted to play defense.

Comment

• Now Perry knows how the game is played if he goes to a school that recruits a lot of players who play in that type of games.

Perry is a bright guy. He might be able to see that he's going to develop more of team game at WSU than at some of the other schools on his list.

Perry's role in the NBA could be as a team player instead of being the team star. Perry is more likely to be the next player who sets Kobe Bryant up than he is to become the next Kobe Bryant.

That's team play and team play is the emphasis at WSU. It's more of an emphasis at WSU than at some of the supposed front runners on Perry's list.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This game, as described above, also goes to show what happens when young men sign with a school that is not a good fit for their game. These big schools brag about getting players to the NBA. However, remember Mark Hutton? He landed at Auburn as I remember and I watched him play with Pearson and a guard oriented team on the tube. Hutton rarely touched the rock in that game. Thus, it is of essence that players pick a team that is not only a great fit to their skills, but also a team that they can get ample minutes on the hardwood rather than splinters on the bench.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I had never watched Perry play before. I was looking forward to seeing how he would play against good competition.

Unfortunately, yesterday's fiasco didn't help me at all. He didn't play much at all. The play, as other's have said was BAD.

If I were Perry, I would have been disinterested also.

If he wants to go to a school where most of the players play this way, our competition will sign Perry.

If he would like to come to a school that will help him to develop his game further and team play is important, WSU is definitely worth a long look.

Comment

• Since KU and Kentucky are two of his finalists, are you suggesting KU and Kentucky doesn't develop players?

Comment

• Originally posted by CourtJester
                          Since KU and Kentucky are two of his finalists, are you suggesting KU and Kentucky doesn't develop players?
                          Have to agree here. I don't think that All-Star game is indicitive of anything other than a crappy exhibition. Even those players will play within an offense (at least in college) when put on an actual team. Put 5 of them on a together under a good head coach and they'll run their offense, whether it be at WSU, KSU, KU, UK, or where ever.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Let me preface what I'm about to say by stating I want Perry in the Yellow and Black as much as anyone.

But Bill Self and Danny Manning would coach Perry up the right way. There may be an allure to playing Cal's dribble drive offense, but real basketball skills are being taught in Lawrence.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

• There are times and places to say things and to not say inappropriate things. In my opinion, Wu Shizzle, you should have ended with your first sentence.

Comment

• KU

Well, monster, I agree that shizzle's comment was not what one would hope to see on here -- but if Ellis and his family are as well grounded as they're reputed to be, a comment on Shockernet isn't going to sway them one way or the other. KU will make its sales pitch, and Manning will no doubt be part of it, but WSU's pitch is of a different nature altogether. It just depends -- at least as far as those two schools are concerned -- on which happens to be more effective.

As for Kentucky, given their history of one-year wonders, I think one can legitimately ask whether Calipari develops players. or just does a particularly effective job of recruiting guys who are pretty much NBA ready (for the watered-down version of what that league has become) before they ever do their mandatory year of college.

Comment

Working...
                                X