Marshall knows something we don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall knows something we don't

We're all thinking about a SF. Probably someone in th 6'5" - 6'7" range. I'm confident Marshall knows of some uncommitted players that fit that mold, but that's not what we're seeing in any recruiting information.

With Chamberlain as a Jr. next year and Mannigault as a Fr, recruiting a PG is unlikely, but that's one area of recruiting news focus. With Durley, Stutz, and possibly Orupke, there's little likelihood of signing a post player, but that's another area of focus in recruiting news.

I'm starting to wonder if there might be a JuCo SF prospect that's not getting any play from the recruiting servies.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

JuCo recruiting doesn't seem to heat up until the season starts.

And many seem to wait until the fall signing period.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

With all the guard talk, and new guard prospects, it seems to me that Kyles and Murry get shoveled into the background. Both of these guys are very good recruits and their contributions are going to be important.

I just don't want these guys to be overlooked or taken for granted when talking about guards, recruits or prospects.

Comment

Unless it is the other teams overlooking them and then that is a good thing.

Comment

I think Marshall always knows lots of things we don't know (as it should be).

Comment

Exactly kyles and murry our going to be great. Were going to be young. The main thing I think we need is a back up center for stutz. Everything about this whole we need a big 3, i guarntee you that hawkins can play big and ellis is 6'9 i belive were covered on that. Were set on pg's and pf we just need a back up center. Hopefully thats orupke.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker856
              Exactly kyles and murry our going to be great. Were going to be young. The main thing I think we need is a back up center for stutz. Everything about this whole we need a big 3, i guarntee you that hawkins can play big and ellis is 6'9 i belive were covered on that. Were set on pg's and pf we just need a back up center. Hopefully thats orupke.
              Don't be surprised if Stutz is the backup center for Durley.

This is from newshock1234 in another thread:
              Just caught a little of it, the main thing that caught my eye was the big stride that JT durley has made from Last Year to this year. He said hes a whole different player.
              That was from Coach Gross. If Durley is coachable, can be convinced to let others shoot 3s, is working hard, and working on D, he could be the starter in the paint.

Durley is a 3rd year So. Stutz is straight out of HS. That's a significant difference.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I fully expect Durley to start at Center, but I think the coach will sub Stutz in for him when Durley comes out. He will be wanting Stutz to get some experience at the D-1 level.

Comment

Working...
                X