• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :good: :good:
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
      I totally agree with rrshock. He will be a great addition. Good offense, tough defender. We will be very strong at the guard positions with good depth for at least two years.
      Plus coach likes to press. The more gaurds you have, the easier it is to press sometimes.

Comment

This would give us a number of guards but competition is a good thing as well. It looks like we may be seeing quite a few 3 guard sets down the road. And I'm fine with that if that's where the strength is. We'd all like to see a 6'6" SF but that's easier said than done.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

honestly I would be happy with dj as a committ because it wdoes give depth but also when you look at it we will be 4 deep in point guards with hannah,chamberlin,kj and d.j., so you can run a 2 point guard set with whatever combination you want. And also if you want to redshirt either one its ok to do because it gives either k.j. or d.j. to grow as a point guard.

Comment

I'd like to see Cooper at WSU. He's likely to see more PT at Ohio, but he's likely to see better competition and more national exposure at WSU. WSU has a recent S16. The Valley is a respected league. If a player doesn't get quality BCS offers, the Valley is about the premier conference.

Marshall seems to be trying to get a lot of combo players and the ability to go big or quick, depending on the opponent.

A lot of WSU fans criticized Turgeon when he played personnel according to what the other team was doing. Turgeon didn't always have the personnel to adjust. Marshall seems to be trying to sign players that give him a chance to adjust to opponents without a significant drop in talent.

I'm starting to think there are going to be a lot of players who are going to have to be happy in the 10 - 12 minute range. Marshall is recruiting a lot of depth at a lot of positions.

The lack of recruiting a wing in the 6'5" to 6'7" range makes me think Marshall is going to go either quick and small or tall at the 3. That's a pretty good plan. Marshall is building a team that can go against 3-guard sets and a team that can go against C-F-F set.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Cooper committed to Ohio yesterday:

troopsports.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, troopsports.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

good for Jim and his crew up there

Comment

A good get by Ohio. Back to looking for a SF.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Evidently, WSU was not on DJ's radar as much as indicated, or he would have waited until he had visited us this coming weekend before deciding.

Comment

Cooper

The real question about Cooper is whether he still plans to visit WSU.

If he does, his commitment to Ohio U. is just talk for now. Football players make and remake and change their commitments all the time depending on how their last visit went. So if Cooper is really finished with his recruitment, he'll cancel his visit to Wichita -- if he doesn't, anything is possible.

Comment

It looks like a solid verbal to Ohio. Scout has confirmed and has quotes from Cooper.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

“I think we’ll be young but good. We’ll have a lot of freshman. I’d like to come in and make an impact and play right away.”
                          When the #21 PG in the country doesn't see as much playing time at WSU, that's a not a bad sign.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                          X