Zach McCabe To Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach McCabe To Iowa

A 6-5 SG/SF at Sioux City, Iowa Bishop Heelan and plays AAU with the All Iowa Attack. He's had offers for sometime now from Northern Iowa and Indiana State, but also has the interest of the Shockers, Creighton, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa and Iowa State.

McCabe is a two sport standout. He plays quarterback in football. Although hearing from Iowa for football, he is getting more attention for his play on the hardwood. He is toying with the idea of playing both in college but realizes that would be difficult.

If your subscribe to Rivals, but let the IowaPreps school listings fool you. They put this basketball article with his football pic and info. Digging deeper I found that the schools of interest and offers are for basketball.

In the fast lane

McCabe named to All-Tournament team for the Jayhawk Invitational.

Comment

He does have an offer for football from South Florida.

As far as basketball goes he picked up an offer from Iowa in late March and another from Butler back in August.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It is expected that Butler will fill that spot with another, shortly.

Comment

McCabe about ready to take an offer from Iowa. May wait until after July evaluations to see if there are others. However, people seem to think it's a lock or perhaps I've missed an announcement.
          In the fast lane

Comment

That's the way it sounds trop.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
              McCabe about ready to take an offer from Iowa. May wait until after July evaluations to see if there are others. However, people seem to think it's a lock or perhaps I've missed an announcement.
              It is expected that Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin may all offer in the next few days/weeks.

I've been following this kid for quite a while and have not heard of any announcement yet. While Iowa is the presumed front runner, its also just as likely that Iowa is his fallback school.

Comment

New offers being reported by McCabe today are from Arizona State, Minnesota, Utah and Virginia. Wisconsin will not offer since they are looking for a point guard. It doesn't look like he will be playing in the Valley as Creighton doesn't appear to be in it at this time.

The first of the two evaluation periods of the month is over. Across the nation coaches have returned home and several new offers are being reported. McCabe's are the only one's I have found so far within the Shocker network. I'll keep looking (right after a nap caused by lunch).
                In the fast lane

Comment

Hoopsmongrel.com reports McCabe goes ahead with a verbal to Iowa.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                  X