Ken Holdman Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Holdman Rumor

Perhaps you remember Ken Holdman of Tulsa since he was offered by MT before he made an early commitment to Missouri State. At the end of May the Springfield press said he was probably not coming to MSU. It was unclear if he decided against going to MSU due to the coaching change, or perhaps his eligibility was not lined up.

The MSU board talks about a rumor that Holdman was headed to WSU. That's probably not correct since it's three weeks later and we apparently are about to fill our last scholarship on Gabe Blair. More than likely Holdman is not eligible.

edit- Holdman is a 6-0 point guard from Tulas (East Central). Class of '08. A Rival's 3 star.
    In the fast lane

Interesting. I was looking forward to seeing him play.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I ventured over to their board and found the comments about "Zo not letting him go to WSU/another Valley school" funny. I don't think they've been able to do conditional releases for several years, correct?

Comment

I don't know what the rules are on that. Wesley Johnson from Iowa State has a conditional release.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
          I don't know what the rules are on that. Wesley Johnson from Iowa State has a conditional release.
          Personal opinion - I think ALL releases should be conditional on this point -- You should not be able to transfer within a conference.

Comment

I think the MVC does have rules discouraging transferring within the conference. Something like must sit out two years. However I don't know about this situation when a recruit is just asking out of a LOI and is not an official team member.
            In the fast lane

Comment

I think the MVC does have rules discouraging transferring within the conference. Something like must sit out two years. However I don't know about this situation when a recruit is just asking out of a LOI and is not an official team member.
              what about that kid who opted out of loi from Virginia Tech only to go to Maryland and is now wanting to change again but they are saying he will lose a year of eligibilty

Comment

Giving Johnson's situation a little thought, Iowa State never gave him a release. This causes schools wanting to talk to him to go through Iowa State. Iowa State then can grant or turn down the request. If they grant it, I guess that's a conditional release.
                In the fast lane

Comment

What is the link to their board?

Comment

Just go to links here on Shockernet.

Forget all that on Johnson. He's on scholarship to Iowa State and not just a LOI. I'm back to not knowing much!
                    In the fast lane

Comment

that's weird.....I went to the bear nation site and clicked on the forum link and my anti-virus software caught and deleted a trojan horse virus

Comment

My understanding of how things work is:

- Most conferences have a rule that if you transfer within the conference, you lose a year of eligibility.

- If you ask out of an LOI, don't receive a release, but attend another D1 school in the same academic year as the LOI was for, you lose a year of eligibility. Basically, you need to go somewhere else (prep, juco) for a year.

- Schools cannot put conditions on LOI releases or players who transfer.

I'm certain the subject about conditional releases has come up here (Bowles, anyone?) and concluded that schools can't do that anymore (like we did with Mo Evans).

Comment

I think normally you have to sit out a year but you also lose that year of elegibility.

As far as LOIs, I'm not sure how that works.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                            that's weird.....I went to the bear nation site and clicked on the forum link and my anti-virus software caught and deleted a trojan horse virus
                            Good luck finding on-line discussion of the bears.

Most SMS BB talk happens here:
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Royal has this one. Conditional releases are no longer possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X