Johnny Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Williams

Johnny Williams 6-7 small forward from Eads, Tennessee (Briarcrest Christian) has us on his list. He will be a junior. Also lists Texas, LSU, Kansas, UCLA and Texas A&M

Wushock, do you have the link to this? I do know that Williams is in the class of '09. The last article I saw on him, he was listed at 6-6, 230lbs, and they expected him to grow a couple of inches.
    In the fast lane

Comment

I am sorry I dont remembr where it was

Comment

Williams is taking in the Volunteer-Southern Mississippi football game tomorrow at Tennessee on an unofficial with 5 other '09 recruits. Williams is currently a 2 star on Scout. Tennessee and Mississippi have offered.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Williams is rated as the #14 center in the class of 09'

he was also given an overall rating of 80

80-89: Outstanding Prospect
          Player has the ability to create mismatches against most opponents. He is a player that could be a contributor as a true freshman.

Comment

Williams has offers from Tennessee, Baylor, SIU, Ole Miss and Mississippi St. Interest from Memphis and Miami.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Hoopmasters has him listed at 6'7, 225. Schools listed include Florida State, Indiana, Memphis, Miami (FL), Southern Illinois, Tennessee, and Mississippi.

Comment

That always slays me when they say, 'He has the ability to create mismatches'.

Of course, if you are 6'6" or taller in High School, you are always going to have that ability, especially if you are 2" or taller for the position you are playing.

But, that does not necessarily indicate they will have the same ability in D-1 ball, where height is matched up better.

Granted, Ellis at 6'8" playing the 3 position does give him the opportunity to create mismatches.

I am just saying in D-1 ball it is a rarer situation than in High School, where it occurred because one kid grew faster than normal.

Comment

He also has an offer from SIU
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Other than the orginal post which is from last summer, has anybody seen anything indicating a WSU-Williams connection?
                    In the fast lane

Comment

No, but it's nice to think there is one :D
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I found his list included:

Florida State
                        Indiana
                        Memphis
                        Miami (FL)
                        Mississippi
                        Southern Illinois
                        Tennessee

Comment

Whatever Wushock's source was it's so old it is probably meaningless.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Start your new business venture with a great domain name. A trusted source for domains since 2005.

A very short Johnny Williams video.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

LOL, I have him listed as a SF. Think I better change that.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X