Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darian Kelly

6'2" 170 CG. Girard (KS) Class of '09.

Apparently he doesn't have his own thread so here it is.

He has offers for football from KSU and KU. Apparently he's a S/RB.

In basketball he has offers to play SG from Wichita State and Creighton.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

"I have no offers yet for basketball, just interest from places like Illinois State and Wichita State. But that doesn't seem like an option for me right now." (From Rivals' latest on Kelly)

His biggest desire is to play basketball in the Big 12. Apparently he isn't thrilled with Missouri Valley and other "mid-major" attention in basketball so he is focusing on football.

I say let him get beat up on the field at KU or KSU.
    In the fast lane

Comment

If that's his desire so be it. If he wants B12 attention it sounds as though right now football is his only option. If he wants to play basketball in college he better open his eyes and look around.

That's all based on what I've heard/read anyway. Unless maybe a bottom feeder in the conference moves on him. I think he could be a good player but I think he's likely to not get many looks from the likes of KU and most the others unless he tears it up this summer...
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

From that it sounds like his goal is not to excell in a particular sport, but to play in a particular conference. I'm not sure I'd want a kid who thinks that way. I know this is harsh, but he looks like a potential mal-content to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          From that it sounds like his goal is not to excell in a particular sport, but to play in a particular conference. I'm not sure I'd want a kid who thinks that way. I know this is harsh, but he looks like a potential mal-content to me.

The kid is a much better football prospect than he is a basketball prospect. It's possible that he is a better FB prospect than the Bird kid that committed to Oklahoma. Bryce Brown might be the only better prospect in KS. He would definitely prefer to play basketball, but I think it is dawning on him that the disparity in recruiting interest between the 2 sports should tell him something.

Comment

Definitely looks like he'll play football at KU unless something changes over the summer.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

FYI, Dorian is expected to be in Lawrence this weekend for Bill Self's elite camp, along with Perry Ellis, Jeff Reid, Travis Releford's little brother Trevor, Christian Kirk and a handful of national recruits.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

It's being reported that Kelly will play football at KU.
                In the fast lane

Comment

It's officially official with Rivals saying it as well :D

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                    FYI, Dorian is expected to be in Lawrence this weekend for Bill Self's elite camp, along with Perry Ellis, Jeff Reid, Travis Releford's little brother Trevor, Christian Kirk and a handful of national recruits.
                    Christian Kirk, mentioned above, was named to the 16 and under All Tournament team playing for KC Pump and Run.

S. Illinois has offered, and Kansas and Illinois are showing interest among a slew of others.

Comment

He should have realized sooner he loved basketball more than KU.

In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                      X