Trevor Deloach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Deloach

It was announced today that Deloach, a 6-4 red shirt freshman guard, would be transferring from South Carolina. He was pushed out by the new coach as not fitting into the team's future plans. He had an offer from Winthrop when Marshall was coaching there back in '06. Other offers at that time included Penn State, College of Charleston, East Carolina, UT Chattanooga, and Appalachian State.

He averaged 23.6 ppg, 7.8 rpg and 4.2 apg as a junior and averaged 34 ppg as a senior. Bob Gibbons called him one of the top three players in South Carolina in the 2007 class (ahead of Aaron Ellis, in the same recruiting class). Rivals 3 star and Scout 2 star.

Not sure if Wichita State will look at him, but since there's a connection it's worth mentioning.

CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.

Nice find SWarehouse. 8)
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

If he's a redshirt, then he's gonna have to downgrade to Juco for a year, or he'll lose a year of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
        Nice find SWarehouse. 8)
        Indeed! Swarehouse always does a great job.

rrshocks' point is correct but I'm going to add Deloach to my transfers to watch list anyway with Adam Leonard, Caleb Patterson and Epke Udoh.
        In the fast lane

Comment

I don't know how high we were on his list, but apparently he chose SC over Penn State, College of Charleston, Florida State and East Carolina.

My guess is that he won't venture far from home.

Comment

WSU wasn't on his list, but Coach Marshall and Winthrop were.

Comment

Sorry pinstripers, that's what I meant. I was referring to the coaching staff as us.

Comment

I wonder what the 'unspoken' reason is. Isn't SC going to a faster paced KU type of game. Not too many guards wouldn't fit into that gameplan.

34 ppg as a senior, the guy doesn't have too much of a problem scoring.
                I agree, someone to watch in the future.

Comment

Also depends on what type of school and against what competition he put up those numbers. I'm assuming that if Gibbons said he was a player that he showed something. But I refuse to get too caught up in PPG if we don't know the competition level and team. (Chance Lindley)
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    Also depends on what type of school and against what competition he put up those numbers. I'm assuming that if Gibbons said he was a player that he showed something. But I refuse to get too caught up in PPG if we don't know the competition level and team. (Chance Lindley)
                    Good point.

I still like the fact that coach can get those types of players from the East that play a different style of basketball.

Comment

I agree.

The type of player and the level of talent is changing quickly. Not that some of our past players fail completely in comparison but times our changing for the better.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        I agree.

The type of player and the level of talent is changing quickly. Not that some of our past players fail completely in comparison but times our changing for the better.
                        Exactly. I really feel that some of the East Coast boys are a nice change from the Texas boys. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but it is a nice change. I can't wait till GM signs that first Burger Boy from out there.

Comment

Just because... 8)

Comment

Deloach will be transferring either to Chipola JC or to Monroe JC in New York. He visited Monroe JC this past weekend.

Comment

All part of the plan... 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X