Khris Middleton - Committed to aTm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khris Middleton - Committed to aTm

A 6-6 SG at Porter-Gaud School, Charleston, S.C., playing AAU with theCarolina Cletics. Scout currently has him as a 2 star and SC PrepNation.com has him ranked #2 in South Carolina. Class of 2009. WSU has been maintaining contact with Middleton and his H.S. coach for sometime. His current offers include SMU, James Madison, Charlotte, Southern and High Point. He also has the interest of Temple, Fordham, Furman, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Iowa and St. Josephs.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
    In the fast lane

I'd love to get a big SG. Murry and Kyles are nice at 6'4", but having a guy with a couple more inches would be nice. Add in a tall SF and the match ups can be in our favor.

The possibilities.....
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
      I'd love to get a big SG. Murry and Kyles are nice at 6'4", but having a guy with a couple more inches would be nice. Add in a tall SF and the match ups can be in our favor.

The possibilities.....
      Any time you have a taller, more athletic team there are greater possibilities. But look at what WSU did to Syracuse a couple years ago. That 'Cuse team was definitely bigger and more athletic.

Comment

True. But personally I think 'Cuse relies too much on their athleticism and less on actual disciplined basketball. I wouldn't have that worry with Marshall.

My personal thoughts are athleticism can do wonders for you if you can play with discipline and use your advantages wisely. Proper execution can trump just about anything. Remember how much trouble Princeton caused a few teams back a few years?
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Carmelo Anthony did okay, especially against the Jayhawks.

Comment

CAA Insiders report on Middleton at the King James:

"Khris is a good sized wing who really likes to shoot the rock. He buried three pointer after three pointer throughout the weekend. He especially loves to take that shot from the corners. He has a solid handle and can get into the lane too, but opts mostly to shoot from the perimeter. Khris grabbed some boards too. He was very productive throughout the weekend."

I've seen Middleton listed as both 6-5 and 6-6 and as a SG and SF.

Some pictures of Khris:

In the fast lane

Comment

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

His father says St. Josephs, Charlotte and South Carolina have been on him the longest and hardest. Averaged 21 points per game as a junior.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Middleton will make an unofficial visit to Texas A&M this weekend, followed by a visit to South Carolina on the 21st. He also plans to visit Michigan, Georgia and St. Joseph's. Offers from St. Josephs, College of Charleston, Nebraska and Fordham are also mentioned.

Comment

He just took an unofficial to aTm while he was in the neighborhood. Sounds as though he's having a pretty good spring AAU season. It was mentioned a few times in this article that he has great range and can put up a lot of points.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

A&M did not offer on his unofficial visit but plan to watch him in July and go from there. Add Marquette to the list of interested schools.

Comment

As expected, South Carolina offered on Middleton's unofficial visit today. Middleton did not commit and does not have a favorite among his list of schools.

Comment

It's being reported that after watching more film of Middleton, Texas A&M has now given him an offer.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Verballed to Texas A&M:

CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.

Comment

Khris is a one trick pony, but wow does he do that trick well. He can put down buckets in a hurry. He has a high release with his long arms making his shot hard to block for most wing players. He is able to get his shot of quickly and very accurately. I am not certain however his skill will translate to the next level. Khris really needs to learn to move without the ball and improve his ball handling.

I can see Khris being an all conference player if he watched tapes of JJ Reddick and Richard Hamilton. He has that kind of jump shot, however once the defenders at the next level learn to bump him he will not be near as successful. He seems almost timid of bumping bodies on the court as he will pull up for the jump shot so he does not have to collide with someone. Khris has a lot of up side as he can continue to grow into a star, however at this point I do not think he has the mentaility to reach that level. I hope he is able to shed the ‘soft’ label quickly because Horn and Boynton will not stand for that as they were as tough as they come as players.
                            Sounds like a MT recruit.

I wonder how the Aggies are handling the idea that Mark and Scott aren't signing many Texans?
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

In the way that really matters, he certainly is a MT recruit. Middleton verbals to Texas A&M.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X