No announcement yet.

Delwan Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

This article mentions about 20 schools in the hunt for Graham, but no mention of WSU. Graham says he will be cutting the list to 5 schools in a couple of weeks.-
    In the fast lane

Comment

Wichita State just does carry the 'name brand' name in Basketball circles like some other schools do, and IMO, I think this is a disservice to our School in recruiting circles.

Maybe, in a couple of years, our relevance will be more solidified, where higher rated recruits will give us more consideration among the pack of schools recruiting them.

Comment

Delwan Graham, a 6-6 forward, was the catalyst for the Celtics. He's one of the most unique players in the country because of his motor, which never stops. He has also shown he can be effective against the best of the best. Graham was once thought of as a mid-major standout. Toss those thoughts out the door. This kid is a player.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
          Wichita State just does carry the 'name brand' name in Basketball circles like some other schools do, and IMO, I think this is a disservice to our School in recruiting circles.

Maybe, in a couple of years, our relevance will be more solidified, where higher rated recruits will give us more consideration among the pack of schools recruiting them.
          I think it carries more weight than alot of the BCS schools do. WSU has to have a better rep than Rutgers, Central Florida, and Baylor and those types of schools. But our coach's name is what will help the most. I think by him going after these kids this year, the name and school will show up more and more because everyone will know that HCGM and WSU aren't afraid to go after anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock

I think it carries more weight than alot of the BCS schools do. WSU has to have a better rep than Rutgers, Central Florida, and Baylor and those types of schools. But our coach's name is what will help the most. I think by him going after these kids this year, the name and school will show up more and more because everyone will know that HCGM and WSU aren't afraid to go after anyone.
            That's certainly true around these parts. But, a kid on the East Coast knows Rutgers, a SE kid knows Central Florida, etc... If you care about education at all, how do you pass up Baylor?
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla

That's certainly true around these parts. But, a kid on the East Coast knows Rutgers, a SE kid knows Central Florida, etc... If you care about education at all, how do you pass up Baylor?
              But when it comes to playing ball and getting to the next level, I don't think all of them look at education. Baylor is a very good academic institution, just not a great program to get you to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                Maybe you prefer beer over Dr. Pepper? :D

Comment

I'm not sure when the rankings changed. But Graham is now a 4star on Rivals. Ranked #92 and the #14 SF.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

According to Rivals, he's scheduled to take visits to Ole Miss on 9/7, South Carolina on 9/15, Auburn on 9/22 and LSU on 10/6
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Not good. Since these are in September they are probably officials. That would leave him with only one remaining. Also they are all in the South, which we are not.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                        Not good. Since these are in September they are probably officials. That would leave him with only one remaining. Also they are all in the South, which we are not.
                        Which might be good too.

Comment

After reading the article, I'm sure we are not being considered.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Which might be good too.
                            But probably not. Southern kids do have a reputation of being VERY difficult to get out of the south. He doesn't appear to be interested in leaving, although I don't think I'll ever count Marshall out until it's official.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Making his final list are Ole Miss, South Carolina, Auburn, LSU, Central Florida, Cincinnati and South Florida. Graham says he is, "pretty confident in these schools."
                              In the fast lane

Comment

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=704943

Making his final list are Ole Miss, South Carolina, Auburn, LSU, Central Florida, Cincinnati and South Florida. Graham says he is, "pretty confident in these schools."
                                So I guess he doesn't really care about going to a winner, he just wants to play in a BCS conference. Why not come to a WINNING program while getting major minutes and lots of "touches"?
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X