Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was my thinking as well.

Comment

Sexton has been around for quite a while and knows what he's doing when he speaks in public. The people I know who know him speak very highly of him and until he proves otherwise I'm not going to do much doubting of what he says.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think the last day of signing, May 25th, will be a catalyst for making some kind of decision regarding EO (give or take a week) and/or a replacement for him if things turn out negatively.

That is just 3-4 weeks away.

Comment

But how long will Knox or someone else wait while they still try to figure the EO thing out? Why not sign him, especially if someone else is leaving and leave the door open to EO through the end of the signing period. Then if he doesn't show, coach still has an open scholarship to use for next year?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
            But how long will Knox or someone else wait while they still try to figure the EO thing out? Why not sign him, especially if someone else is leaving and leave the door open to EO through the end of the signing period. Then if he doesn't show, coach still has an open scholarship to use for next year?
            To quote WstateU from the Knox thread: "We don't know. I don't know."

We don't know if the offer to Knox is contingent on EO not making it. We just know from published reports that WSU has offered Knox.

We don't know if someone else is leaving the program or not.

We don't know is Sexton's allusion to someone waiting in the wings is Knox or not.

It's certainly logical to conclude based on Sexton's comments and the offer to Knox that Knox is plan B in case EO doesn't arrive. But at this point it's just speculation. Maybe Knox has been offered regardless of what happens to EO. We don't know. I don't know.

Comment

Maybe Knox' (or someone else's) decision on WSU's offer depends on whether Orukpe shows - and it's Knox (or someone else) who's waiting to make a decision based on what happens with Orukpe.

That would explain some of Sexton's comments - why there's a time frame placed on Orukpe and why we can't keep other people waiting forever.

It would also explain why absolutely nothing is happening right now.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                It would also explain why absolutely nothing is happening right now.
                One of the things I've heard we're waiting on, is finding a home for a transfer out. This is second hand, not something I've heard from direct sources, so don't go crazy with it.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

I won't go crazy with it, but I would think it probably applies to Hatch. Preadom, from his own actions, is probably already gone.

I suspect that both would want to get closer to home if that is the case.

Comment

Working...
                  X