• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    You mean this weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      You mean this weekend?
      I need to leave this stuff up to the professionals!

Question for you 02. You are looking at this stuff damn near 24/7. When you are going thru everything, who is it you always look at first or pay special attention to? You know, your favorites and/or those who you think we have the best shot at with regards to our needs. Just seems like the commitments keep coming but none are headed our way yet. Kind of bugles my mind cause I would think these kids would want to come to a winning program with a lengthy track record of making the tourney. Not to mention the television exposure. In know I'm biased but still a top 10 program, top 10 coach, top home fan base that fills up Koch every night. Basketball is king here!

Comment

I need to leave this stuff up to the professionals!

Question for you 02. You are looking at this stuff damn near 24/7. When you are going thru everything, who is it you always look at first or pay special attention to? You know, your favorites and/or those who you think we have the best shot at with regards to our needs. Just seems like the commitments keep coming but none are headed our way yet. Kind of bugles my mind cause I would think these kids would want to come to a winning program with a lengthy track record of making the tourney. Not to mention the television exposure. In know I'm biased but still a top 10 program, top 10 coach, top home fan base that fills up Koch every night. Basketball is king here!
        I would say it seems top priorities right now are Alex Lomax, Keyontae Johnson, Reggie Chaney, Bryan Penn-Johnson, Morris Udeze to name a few. If we get even two of those guys this will be a successful recruiting class. Then you have guys like Dimon Carrigan, Neftali Alvarez, Antun Maricevic, Darius Allen, Vincent Williams, Jal Bijiek, Vincent Lee. Is your head spinning now? We're going to get a couple of guys over the next couple of weeks. Just a matter of if we get Plan A, Plan B or Plan C. Sometimes Plan B or C can turn out to be really good players, so just enjoy the ride.

Comment

Kind of bugles my mind cause I would think these kids would want to come to a winning program with a lengthy track record of making the tourney. Not to mention the television exposure. In know I'm biased but still a top 10 program, top 10 coach, top home fan base that fills up Koch every night. Basketball is king here!
          With regards to this part, relationship with coaches matters a lot too. And some of these kids have upwards of 15-20 schools to choose from. Odds are almost never in our favor. But we still end up landing good players, so I wouldn't worry about it too much or take it personal.

Comment

• Write-up about Ole Miss.

Ole Miss Hosting Coveted Guard Alex Lomax

Comment

I would say it seems top priorities right now are Alex Lomax, Keyontae Johnson, Reggie Chaney, Bryan Penn-Johnson, Morris Udeze to name a few. If we get even two of those guys this will be a successful recruiting class. Then you have guys like Dimon Carrigan, Neftali Alvarez, Antun Maricevic, Darius Allen, Vincent Williams, Jal Bijiek, Vincent Lee. Is your head spinning now? We're going to get a couple of guys over the next couple of weeks. Just a matter of if we get Plan A, Plan B or Plan C. Sometimes Plan B or C can turn out to be really good players, so just enjoy the ride.
              Well put shocks02. You can fill your scholarships pronto with B's and C's. Some pan out to be great players. Better odds with the A's. You do good work.

Comment

• Jonah Jordan‏
                @_JonahJordan
                Wichita State is going to be tough to beat out. AK and Madlock have great relationships though

Kory Keys‏
                @KoryKeys
                2018 Memphis East/Team Penny PG Alex Lomax is taking an OV to Ole Miss this weekend. AK & Tony Madlock have prioritized Lomax for years.

Comment

Jonah Jordan‏
                  @_JonahJordan
                  Wichita State is going to be tough to beat out. AK and Madlock have great relationships though

Kory Keys‏
                  @KoryKeys
                  2018 Memphis East/Team Penny PG Alex Lomax is taking an OV to Ole Miss this weekend. AK & Tony Madlock have prioritized Lomax for years.
                  As Parrish said, there are no points for 2nd place in recruiting. Tough gig.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• "Wanted to be an SEC kid growing up." Hmm...

Comment

Jonah Jordan‏
                      @_JonahJordan

Kory Keys‏
                      @KoryKeys
                      Who is AK?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Who is AK?
                        Andy Kennedy. Head Coach at Ole Miss.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Who is AK?
                          Andy Kennedy
                          Ole Miss HC
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                            Andy Kennedy
                            Ole Miss HC
                            Oh yeah, that guy. I mean, everyone who follows college basketball knows Andy Kennedy. WTF is Andy Kennedy?

AK career at Ole Miss (2006 - present): 234-139 (.627) NCAA Tournament - 2, NIT - 6
                            GM career at WSU (2007 - present): 261-90 (.744) NCAA Tournament - 6 (in a row), NIT - 2 (Champs 2nd year)

I guess if you like playing in the NIT, Andy Kennedy has proven he can get you there better than Gregg Marshall.

Comment

• Anyone heard anything new on Alex, Ole Miss, etc ?

Comment

• No news coming out of the weekend. His AAU coach told Ole Miss on Friday that he thought the Rebels were in the lead for Lomax, with WSU, Missouri, and Memphis close behind.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X