Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Let's nail down Lomax! Who else from Memphis can we snag?
    We got Rod Brown.

The radio show mentioned another guy we got from Memphis, but they couldn't remember Rod's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
      Gary Parrish of CBS has a radio show in Memphis. He talked about Memphis recruiting today and specifically about ALo.

He said that something is up and that Wichita State is recruiting Memphis hard.

If I can find a link, I'll post it later.
      Lots of talk on Twitter about ALo. One of the threads are attached but are saying father says no longer looking at a spring commitment but rather this fall and he was very impressed with SHOX on his visit. People in the know have him leaning toward us.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
        Gary Parrish of CBS has a radio show in Memphis. He talked about Memphis recruiting today and specifically about ALo.

He said that something is up and that Wichita State is recruiting Memphis hard.

If I can find a link, I'll post it later.
        The radio show mentioned:

Hour 1 at 48 minute mark is about Alex Lomax. The Shocker "recruiting pitch" around the 52 minute mark is well worth a listen!

Comment

Memphis board already entering meltdown mode about this potential miss.

Comment

The recruiting pitch on the Parrish show gave me goosebumps. Pretty stinking cool.

Comment

I think we got this kid! Who wouldn't be sold when compared to vanvleet?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah View Post

Hour 1 at 48 minute mark is about Alex Lomax. The Shocker "recruiting pitch" around the 52 minute mark is well worth a listen!
                Goosebumps

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah View Post

Holy $h..... Gary Parish, recruiter extraordinaire. That was amazing.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

That link going to the wrong one? I forwarded to the 52m mark and they were talking about tires. It didn't give me goosebumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                      That link going to the wrong one? I forwarded to the 52m mark and they were talking about tires. It didn't give me goosebumps.
                      you are listening to hour 2, click on hour 1.

Comment

it's the 2nd half of the segment, so technically the 1:52 min mark

Comment

The radio link defaults to hour 2. Just click on hour 1 which is in the selection list below the player. You was listening to the 1 hour and 52 min mark.

Comment

Finally found it. Thx guys. Ok, to me it seems like it'd be so easy to recruit to the Shocks for the last several years. But I guess now we're landing what we need, for instance, lunkers.

Comment

Recruiting could get even easier after this season when the Shox get 26 games on mainstream national TV. Potential recruits will have more chances to watch the Shox and that makes a difference.

Potential recruits also want to be on TV - A LOT! After our schedule was released, I imagine recruiting got just a little easier. Not many 4* recruits were going to get excited about seeing the TV schedule for a team in the Valley.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Recruiting could get even easier after this season when the Shox get 26 games on mainstream national TV. Potential recruits will have more chances to watch the Shox and that makes a difference.

Potential recruits also want to be on TV - A LOT! After our schedule was released, I imagine recruiting got just a little easier. Not many 4* recruits were going to get excited about seeing the TV schedule for a team in the Valley.
                                Easier no doubt in a very relative way. I don't see recruiting as ever being easy. The terms easy and recruiting can go toghether. For example, It's easy to get whipsawed or blindsided with a recruit.

Comment

Working...
                                X